Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Typical

The best hunt I have ever been on was during a “tropical storm”. Wet ass, but damn the birds were in that field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With nine inches of rain luckily the wind did not get any worse than it did. I probably have somewhere close to 50% of my flowers laying on the ground now but the birds are still here!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

what time i need to be there?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    subscribed

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    Tuesday, 2pm....
    I'm booked already for other circuit shoots Sat-Mon
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

I've seen doves and other birds leave ahead of a tropical. Bluewings are non-existent after a tropical. But, I'm seeing a ton of doves that I wasn't seeing before Ideialdadla, or what ever it was named. I think you boys are going to have a good opener.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    With nine inches of rain luckily the wind did not get any worse than it did. I probably have somewhere close to 50% of my flowers laying on the ground now but the birds are still here!
    Sorry to hear that. Several years ago we had a tropical system blow down our sunflowers but the birds still came.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    Sorry to hear that. Several years ago we had a tropical system blow down our sunflowers but the birds still came.
    Unfortunately I have closer to 75% on the ground but the birds are thick!
    This has been an ongoing problem the past few years.
    Last edited by Calibogue; 09-02-2023 at 08:52 AM.

Half of my flowers are down or leaning. Will make walking more difficult.

I'm happy. Dove opener, football season, Braves beating Dodgers and I am a grandpa...

Have fun and be safe.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

My spindly, too-tall sunflowers at the farm made it through without a lot of blow-down. A couple spots were more exposed to wind because of breaks in the tree line and got blown down but 90% are still standing.

I don't have a lot of birds though. There's a 35 acre standing corn field on the other side of the tree line that seems to be holding a few. It'll be interesting to see what happens when the corn gets harvested. The field is too big to hunt effectively because the amount of birds isn't high and they're too spread out. Maybe after it's cut the birds will swarm my little sunflower and corn field.

I'm headed to my club this afternoon. There have been good reports so I'm really excited. I'll be trying to manage two dogs, one veteran and his apprentice. Thanks Goodness for the nice weather!

Northern Anderson county was pretty good yesterday.