Thread: Getting close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Usually spraying with a foliage removing herbicide like Gramoxone/Paraquat/Agent Orange or maybe just something like Glyphosate to get the plants dead and drying out.
    Sounds healthy for the little
    turkeys and growing doves.
    Windows Down!

Quote Originally Posted by raybird View Post
    Sounds healthy for the little
    turkeys and growing doves.
    Yeah, I have never used the any of the really heinous chemicals. I do a little spot spraying with glypho to kill Morning Glory, Crotalaria and Sesbania but the label on some of the others explicitly warn about animals eating after spraying. For me, it makes more sense to just time the planting so that it's naturally dead and dropping seeds in time for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Yeah, I have never used the any of the really heinous chemicals. I do a little spot spraying with glypho to kill Morning Glory, Crotalaria and Sesbania but the label on some of the others explicitly warn about animals eating after spraying. For me, it makes more sense to just time the planting so that it's naturally dead and dropping seeds in time for the season.
    While I don’t disagree with you I also look at it like this. Round up ready corn, pesticides and the animals that eat those dead bugs, steroids in everything you buy at the box store………it is almost unavoidable

I typically spray round up 4 weeks prior to season. Decided to go gramoxzone this year because there was an 80% chance of rain the night 6 hours after I sprayed. Plus all the heads were already down so little to no contact with the seed areas.

I did learn about 4-5 years ago that doves will avoid chemicals with high glyphosate if the plants are stagnant with the chemical for several days on end.

Each there own. We’ve had a dove field for about 40 years and it has never really let us down. (There were a few years a while back when I think everyone struggled). Typically average around 2000 birds a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

Quote Originally Posted by buckshot1224 View Post
    While I don’t disagree with you I also look at it like this. Round up ready corn, pesticides and the animals that eat those dead bugs, steroids in everything you buy at the box store………it is almost unavoidable

I typically spray round up 4 weeks prior to season. Decided to go gramoxzone this year because there was an 80% chance of rain the night 6 hours after I sprayed. Plus all the heads were already down so little to no contact with the seed areas.

I did learn about 4-5 years ago that doves will avoid chemicals with high glyphosate if the plants are stagnant with the chemical for several days on end.

Each there own. We’ve had a dove field for about 40 years and it has never really let us down. (There were a few years a while back when I think everyone struggled). Typically average around 2000 birds a year.

Rain 6 hours after glypho application has zero effect upon it's effectiveness.
    One hour after for that matter even....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by buckshot1224 View Post

So, the logic is , we already put a bunch of crap out there, so what’s a some more even deadlier crap out there too?

BRILLIANT philosophy!!!
    Did you give your 5 year old, that eats all that processed food, candy and other garbage, a carton of cigarettes and handle of Jack? I mean, hell, he’s already eat stuff that’s bad for him, let’s just give him something worse.

You should probably read the label on that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by AnythingFeathers View Post

BRILLIANT philosophy!!!
    Did you give your 5 year old, that eats all that processed food, candy and other garbage, a carton of cigarettes and handle of Jack? I mean, hell, he’s already eat stuff that’s bad for him, let’s just give him something worse.
    I didnt realize you knew Sportin Woodies.