Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rich Men north of Richmond

Quote Originally Posted by pee dee View Post
    That’s an awesome song. Hope he doesn’t start talking about men messing with other men’s buttholes in the next few years…
    I don't think he is a Climp5in fan

tyler childers went off the deep end is what he is referring to, I do believe..
    At least I'm housebroken.

Just a dude in the woods playing a guitar lol.

It is amazing how trends come and go. Zeppelin came along broke all the rules insisted on no singles complete control over their music. The industry cringed but they became the behemoth they were. Then the industry tried and get others to copy them. Then all the bands sounded and looked the same. Fast forward to today and country they all sound the same because they are from the same algorithm.

This guy comes along and makes a hit, now everyone is going to sound like him or a version the industry deems safe.

Then it will get old and the original will become watered down as well.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

^^^ Well, aint you the bucket of joy today.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    ^^^ Well, aint you the bucket of joy today.
    Of all people to throw shade on this song I never figured it would SWnutjob338
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Sounds like Hank Jr in the Virginia one
    Psalm 42:1 "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

impromptu show he put on in NC today. Just announced it a day or 2 ago on his social media…
    Pretty strong audience participation for only being known a week.

(also note the view count after only being put up a couple hours ago)
    [url]https://youtu.be/k5FnOrRJ67s[/url
    Last edited by DoubleSprig; 08-13-2023 at 04:22 PM.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleSprig View Post
    impromptu show he put on in NC today. Just announced it a day or 2 ago on his social media…
    Pretty strong audience participation for only being known a week.

(also note the view count after only being put up a couple hours ago)

Fify
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

He put to song what every white boy with a brain thinks about every day. Good stuff!

The part about the obese milking welfare struck me as unfair. What about all the other body mass index types that strategically work the hell out of that entitlement everyday? Why not speak to their success?

Quote Originally Posted by Chap View Post
    The part about the obese milking welfare struck me as unfair. What about all the other body mass index types that strategically work the hell out of that entitlement everyday? Why not speak to their success?
    Because stereotypes exist for a reason. The reason is that there is a lot of truth behind them, even the ones people are afraid to talk about.

While everyone on welfare isn't fat, we all see a large (pun intended) percentage of people buying stuff with an EBT card that are overweight and buying junk food.

So after my taxes funded their surge to type 2 diabetes, my insurance premium can go up to cover their amputations.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Engage the spin cycle

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ng-1234805701/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"

It's the wording of the song and it is the truth what he is singing but somepeople don't do the truth thing.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Here is a follow up on the guy that wrote and performed the song. As some of you may know, in the immediate days after the song hit the charts, the media and the left started ripping this guy apart, trying to marginalize him and his message.
    This is his response yesterday via his Facebook page Oliver Anthony Music- ( this a great read IMO)

It's been difficult as I browse through the 50,000+ messages and emails I've received in the last week. The stories that have been shared paint a brutally honest picture. Suicide, addiction, unemployment, anxiety and depression, hopelessness and the list goes on.
    Im sitting in such a weird place in my life right now. I never wanted to be a full time musician, much less sit at the top of the iTunes charts. Draven from RadioWv and I filmed these tunes on my land with the hope that it may hit 300k views. I still don't quite believe what has went on since we uploaded that. It's just strange to me.
    People in the music industry give me blank stares when I brush off 8 million dollar offers. I don't want 6 tour buses, 15 tractor trailers and a jet. I don't want to play stadium shows, I don't want to be in the spotlight. I wrote the music I wrote because I was suffering with mental health and depression. These songs have connected with millions of people on such a deep level because they're being sung by someone feeling the words in the very moment they were being sung. No editing, no agent, no bullshit. Just some idiot and his guitar. The style of music that we should have never gotten away from in the first place.

So that being said, I have never taken the time to tell you who I actually am. Here's a formal introduction:
    My legal name is Christopher Anthony Lunsford. My grandfather was Oliver Anthony, and "Oliver Anthony Music" is a dedication not only to him, but 1930's Appalachia where he was born and raised. Dirt floors, seven kids, hard times. At this point, I'll gladly go by Oliver because everyone knows me as such. But my friends and family still call me Chris. You can decide for yourself, either is fine.
    In 2010, I dropped out of high school at age 17. I have a GED from Spruce Pine, NC. I worked multiple plant jobs in Western NC, my last being at the paper mill in McDowell county. I worked 3rd shift, 6 days a week for $14.50 an hour in a living hell. In 2013, I had a bad fall at work and fractured my skull. It forced me to move back home to Virginia. Due to complications from the injury, it took me 6 months or so before I could work again.
    From 2014 until just a few days ago, I've worked outside sales in the industrial manufacturing world. My job has taken me all over Virginia and into the Carolinas, getting to know tens of thousands of other blue collar workers on job sites and in factories. Ive spent all day, everyday, for the last 10 years hearing the same story. People are SO damn tired of being neglected, divided and manipulated.
    In 2019, I paid $97,500 for the property and still owe about $60,000 on it. I am living in a 27' camper with a tarp on the roof that I got off of craigslist for $750.
    There's nothing special about me. I'm not a good musician, I'm not a very good person. I've spent the last 5 years struggling with mental health and using alcohol to drown it. I am sad to see the world in the state it's in, with everyone fighting with each other. I have spent many nights feeling hopeless, that the greatest country on Earth is quickly fading away.

That being said, I HATE the way the Internet has divided all of us. The Internet is a parasite, that infects the minds of humans and has their way with them. Hours wasted, goals forgotten, loved ones sitting in houses with each other distracted all day by technology made by the hands of other poor souls in sweat shops in a foreign land.
    When is enough, enough? When are we going to fight for what is right again? MILLIONS have died protecting the liberties we have. Freedom of speech is such a precious gift. Never in world history has the world had the freedom it currently does. Don't let them take it away from you.
    Just like those once wandering in the desert, we have lost our way from God and have let false idols distract us and divide us. It's a damn shame.
    Last edited by scatter shot; 08-18-2023 at 08:50 AM.

Respectable statement for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    They all sing some pretty dark shit though. Rural life in Appalachia seems to do that to a person.
    One of this highest areas for suicide in the country I believe.
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

It is. Not a lot of opportunity up there. Beautiful part of the world but a hard place to make a living.
    More Ducks, Less People

He turned DOWN an 8 million dollar offer from a record company!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    One of this highest areas for suicide in the country I believe.
    That John Denver is full of shit man