Thread: I can scratch this off the bucket list....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I've seen and ran from four, then two more have hit my lake house without me being there.. one took down our old style stilt beach house style at the lake, early 80s.. the other one a few years back. It formed, crossed my neighbors yard into mine, impelled a metal roof on my shed up there thirty feet high in a pecan tree..

20190101_090024.jpg

The one that took out out old house threw a tree down the middle of the old Nettles/Green house next to ours. Our house actually made the paper.. I have a clipping somewhere. That pic above was the third one that hit my lot, with me being alive. One formed went across the lake as a spout the year before grazed the yard, and ripped off our front steps. Then when my youngest was a newborn, the wife and I grabbed her and buckled down as one formed in our backyard and went into the old sailing club, ripped a path of trees down.

I saw and ran from one that formed on Sprindale race course when I was younger once.. that made the Chronicle as well..

The last I ran from formed right off the South Edisto.. my wife, kids, bil, sister and their son on my boat. It's the only time I ever remember not obeying a no wake. It formed off the ocean and headed towards the river, probably 12 years ago. Pretty funny, it made the weather channel that night.

I'm just like whatever now, I'm not finding shelter, I'm hauling ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I've seen and ran from four, then two more have hit my lake house without me being there.. one took down our old style stilt beach house style at the lake, early 80s.. the other one a few years back. It formed, crossed my neighbors yard into mine, impelled a metal roof on my shed up there thirty feet high in a pecan tree..

20190101_090024.jpg

The one that took out out old house threw a tree down the middle of the old Nettles/Green house next to ours. Our house actually made the paper.. I have a clipping somewhere. That pic above was the third one that hit my lot, with me being alive. One formed went across the lake as a spout the year before grazed the yard, and ripped off our front steps. Then when my youngest was a newborn, the wife and I grabbed her and buckled down as one formed in our backyard and went into the old sailing club, ripped a path of trees down.

I saw and ran from one that formed on Sprindale race course when I was younger once.. that made the Chronicle as well..

The last I ran from formed right off the South Edisto.. my wife, kids, bil, sister and their son on my boat. It's the only time I ever remember not obeying a no wake. It formed off the ocean and headed towards the river, probably 12 years ago. Pretty funny, it made the weather channel that night.

I'm just like whatever now, I'm not finding shelter, I'm hauling ass.
    Green as in the Hank Green family. My best friend from HS married him.
    Carolina Counsel