Thread: Safe movers

Default Safe movers

I知 looking for someone to move a 1000lb safe from blythewood to Camden. The only difficult part of the move is getting it down some narrow brick stairs into the basement. Anybody have a company they have used before and a rough idea of what I知 looking at cost wise. Thanks

Preston aka Pstro aka ChocTango

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My company moves safes but because of limited help and quality workers being impossible to find, we have had to start limiting what we move and how. We currently do not move safes over 500 pounds up or down stairs. Because moving safes is something we would really prefer not to do, we have upped our prices considerably also. I hope people understand, we are not trying to gouge people but just don't feel comfortable putting you our customer or an inexperienced employee in a dangerous situation. Moving safes is very dangerous and I know people that have been killed or maimed due to lack of experience or proper equipment not being used. You may want to call Shooter's Choice as they have a couple of guys that deliver their safes. I would expect the job you are looking at would probably be over $1000.
    I only hunt on days that end in "y"!

Good luck with the move. I am nowhere near you to help, but I used to run a safe store about 7-8 years ago and delivered MANY 1000 lb safes by myself. An electric stair dolly and 1" wood dowels are magic. You would be shocked how easily you can move around 1000-1500 lbs of square box with wood dowels. I had to record all my deliveries to get paid and the most I delivered/moved in a year was 228 safes. The biggest one installed was 3800 lb custom built fort knox that held two kentucky derby winning horse saddles. It was more of a show piece that he had installed in his mancave. The only safe way to do a stair case is with A LOT OF HELP and a good refrigerator dolly or with one of those electric stair dollys. They are slick, they will climb up stairs and go down stairs, but you might be able to rent one somewhere near you.

I hired a lock and safe company to move a 500 lb. safe up my front steps and into a bedroom right off the front porch. I flinched when they quoted $400 but tipped an extra $200 after I saw all that was involved and feel like I got a really good deal.

There was a charlotte fireman thjat used to deliver. They delivered a 1200 safe i bought from Hyatt. I dont still have his card but maybe someone at Hyatt would throw you a bone.