Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The end of this chapter…..

Default The end of this chapter…..

My oldest son’s high school baseball career ended last night at Holly Hill, a do or die game to advance to the next round of the playoffs. HH is a well coached, class act program and I wish them well the rest of the way.

This kid has loved baseball above most everything else since he started when he was 4. I hate to see it end, but I wouldn’t trade the memories for anything in the world.

To those of you who are in the middle of it, I know the coach pitch practices and the frustrations of the first year or 2 of 10U kid pitch can wear on you. But don’t wish it away. We went to one of my nephews coach pitch games last week and I was reminded of how damn much fun those kids have at that age. It was glorious. Enjoy the season you're in.

I know I’m rambling now but if I can give one piece of advice, don’t push your wishes on your kids, let em be kids. Let em play baseball in the spring, fish in the summer, play football in the fall and hunt in the winter. That’s what I did with Brady and I watched him grow into playing the best baseball of his life when he was a junior and senior, when it mattered.

This year round baseball crap is ruining the sport. I coached a bunch of kids that got pushed, and I can count several without thinking real hard that quit before they got to high school. Kids that used to love it, but got burned out over some 9U travel ball shit that nobody but their dads gave a damn about. Don’t do that to your kids. Please.

It was a helluva ride 7. Love you kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FEETDOWN; 05-05-2023 at 10:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Well done sir.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

The character he built playing the game will never end. But, it's not over, he'll be coaching tee-ball before you know it...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

It goes by too fast.

Thanks for sharing. Good advice, too!

Don't blink. Good stuff dad.

That's awesome. I've enjoyed seeing the post y'all have made of his last run.

The fact you never gave him a coon skin cap doesn't take away from your skills as a parent. You should still be proud.

Good post, couldn't agree more.

Good stuff. My son is 11 and doesn't care a thing in the world for organized sports. Sometimes I wish he would and think about nudging him in that direction and then I happen to find myself in the company of some of those sports parents you speak of and rejoice.
    "Mother Nature and Father Time- still undefeated."

Your fourth paragraph is my favorite. Kids shouldn't have to declare their discipline when they're nine years old.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Great post and congrats to you and your boy. I’ve got one in the playoffs right now as a senior and it is going to be a sad day when it’s over. It’s been a good ride for sure.

Good stuff. Keep his cleats & everything else too. You can frame a jersey etc over the next few years & give em as gifts. He'll be grateful for em one day.

It was a pleasure playing you guys. We have played a lot of teams this year and I told your boys last night that they were the classiest team we played. It was great meeting you and your son. Best of luck to him and the rest of that Senior class in the future.

Damn right. You've got a great wife that's done an incredible job with bofe of 'em....

You have every right to be proud of him.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Hell yeah
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Good stuff, it flies by way too fast.

I hear Richard Winn has a good team.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    My oldest son’s high school baseball career ended last night at Holly Hill, a do or die game to advance to the next round of the playoffs. HH is a well coached, class act program and I wish them well the rest of the way.

This kid has loved baseball above most everything else since he started when he was 4. I hate to see it end, but I wouldn’t trade the memories for anything in the world.

To those of you who are in the middle of it, I know the coach pitch practices and the frustrations of the first year or 2 of 10U kid pitch can wear on you. But don’t wish it away. We went to one of my nephews coach pitch games last week and I was reminded of how damn much fun those kids have at that age. It was glorious. Enjoy the season you're in.

I know I’m rambling now but if I can give one piece of advice, don’t push your wishes on your kids, let em be kids. Let em play baseball in the spring, fish in the summer, play football in the fall and hunt in the winter. That’s what I did with Brady and I watched him grow into playing the best baseball of his life when he was a junior and senior, when it mattered.

This year round baseball crap is ruining the sport. I coached a bunch of kids that got pushed, and I can count several without thinking real hard that quit before they got to high school. Kids that used to love it, but got burned out over some 9U travel ball shit that nobody but their dads gave a damn about. Don’t do that to your kids. Please.

It was a helluva ride 7. Love you kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AND ALL God's children said...................
    AMEN
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Mrs R did a great job with that one. You’re spot on too. I love watching my kids play baseball and softball. Kid 3 lives for coach pitch baseball right now. He’s hit 4-5 in the park HRs and an in the park grand slam in 6 games. Tuesday he caught a pop up and had the sense to tag 3rd for a double play. You couldn’t wipe the smile off my face. Looking forward to 11 more years of it, if he doesn’t decide he wants to do something else. If he does, we’ll do that.

Thanks for sharing dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Very nice!
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

I’m glad to see Jack Leggett had such an impact on your life that Brady took #7 for Jackleg.

Tell him to hold onto his glove, glory days will be revisited during Tuesday night church/beer league softball season
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!