Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Airport rant

Denver. I stood at the door for 30 minutes watching the TSA employees in the screening room watch the Broncos on TV before they decided to get up and search my gun case. I use a tuff-pac. You put the guns, in soft cases, inside the case and stuff clothes and jackets around them as padding. I leave the zippered ends of the gun cases on top, so they can pull the guns out to inspect them. After a search where they completely emptied the case and barely even glanced at the guns, they did not even try to repack the clothes around the guns. They dumped it all on the cart they used to bring it into the room, pushed the cart to the door, scowled at me for interrupting the Broncos game, and went back to watching TV. I made the flight by about 2 minutes.

Toronto. On Swamp Knob's first trip to Canada, on the return flight we made the mistake of exiting Canada in Toronto. SW had a trigger lock in his backpack. The TSA Blob told him it was gun part and he could not board with it. After about 30 minutes of "discussion", I asked for them to hand me the trigger lock. They did. I walked to side of the counter, threw it in the trash can on the Canada side of the line, and told them the problem was solved. They were not happy, but we were able to catch our flights.

As a result of these incidences, I will do my best not to fly through either of those airports or spend one penny of money in the cities they serve.
    The only good thing about my imperfections is the joy they bring my friends.

Beware the man with one gun...he probably has other faults also.

Toronto is a bitch to fly through with a gun. Made that mistake once, never again. I made the same trip a couple of year's later and drove solo to keep from having to go through Pearson Airport again.

The couple of times I've been through Calgary it's been a breeze. Only hold up I've ever had was when one of their agents wanted to hear about the hunt and see pictures. Same deal driving across the border in Maine, he ended up telling me about his upcoming moose hunt for about 15 minutes.

Well everyone and everything made it to Spokane. Just another adventure story to tell when we get back
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Quote Originally Posted by flockbuster View Post
    Well everyone and everything made it to Spokane. Just another adventure story to tell when we get back
    Heed the advice on the way home. Hope your TSA Spokane experience was more pleasant than mine. If you see a short, fat TSA girl , don't deal with her.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Heed the advice on the way home. Hope your TSA Spokane experience was more pleasant than mine. If you see a short, fat TSA girl , don't deal with her.
    Fat girls love me
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Quote Originally Posted by flockbuster View Post
    Fat girls love me
    You can have that Pig.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

We just went through Spokane TSA. They asked for my keys to the gun case. 10 mins later we’re having a beer.
    More fuel = more boost!!