Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Say what???

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    but dont miss out on the chance to be your own hypocrites when it comes to taking youths or introducing people to the sport....bc I seem to remember a bunch of "attbooys" when yall do that.

Not that I give a shit. I'm just pointing that out.
    There’s a large difference between introducing youths, especially your own kids, and introducing grown men…..

you don't teach grown men how to hunt anything. they were designed to be gatherers, the world needs them for that and their sass... walking around in their cute little viking haircuts all beta like, thinking that beards make them tough, and drinking seltzers.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    There’s a large difference between introducing youths, especially your own kids, and introducing grown men…..
    anyone new to hunting is a plus.

delta has a huge campaign going on. its all to bring new people to the sport.

I just get a kick out of how people respond to threads using the status quo.

I got yelled at by leroy last week. it still makes me sad.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    anyone new to hunting is a plus.

delta has a huge campaign going on. its all to bring new people to the sport.

I just get a kick out of how people respond to threads using the status quo.

I got yelled at by leroy last week. it still makes me sad.

I might be the minority, but I don't want to optimize new hunter numbers (especially duck hunters). I take my son and will take my daughters when they're older, I'll take any of my family that's never been, I'll even take the kids of friends if they want to go. I realize it's selfish to an extent, but I'm fine with that.

i gave Petrie a ration of shit for this new campaign but I cant argue with the premise. Delta seems to think hunter numbers are shrinking and that's their revenue base....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

How does having a duck hunting competition in the style of a BASS tournament relate to introducing people to hunting? No one on this planet has ever taken a kid or non-hunting adult on a hunt and said, "one day, when you get good at this, you might be able to win a duck tournament." If hunting/conservation organizations have devolved to the point that they think this silly, BS path is the way of the future...God help us!
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    you don't teach grown men how to hunt anything. they were designed to be gatherers, the world needs them for that and their sass... walking around in their cute little viking haircuts all beta like, thinking that beards make them tough, and drinking seltzers.
    Holy shit!!
    That's gonna leave a mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    What they said.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    I might be the minority, but I don't want to optimize new hunter numbers (especially duck hunters). I take my son and will take my daughters when they're older, I'll take any of my family that's never been, I'll even take the kids of friends if they want to go. I realize it's selfish to an extent, but I'm fine with that.
    Guy at work asked me to take him turkey hunting.

I told him, I am in the business of humbling and destroying the spirit of any existing turkey hunters so I can enjoy more hunter free mornings. He gave a long stare trying to figure out if I was kidding. Then I told him...That means no, sorry. I'll take you fishing but I dont do turkey charity.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Guy at work asked me to take him turkey hunting.

I told him, I am in the business of humbling and destroying the spirit of any existing turkey hunters so I can enjoy more hunter free mornings. He gave a long stare trying to figure out if I was kidding. Then I told him...That means no, sorry. I'll take you fishing but I dont do turkey charity.
    You're both spot on. All this R3, "we need more hunters" is crap. R3 really is R1 and that "R" stands for "revenue" and the people pushing R3 stand to financially benefit from it.

We don't "need" anymore hunters and I'm in no hurry to add more hunters.

Now I suppose if someone has access to a private place and wants me to come with them and show them how to hunt turkeys, maybe. But it'd have to be a good friend or a family member, not some random person I work with who saw it on Instagram and thought it looked cool. They can learn on their own.

I always laugh at the guys who think they have an open invitation who say things like "I wish I knew you were going to such and such place I would have went" or "let me know next year and I'll go with you". Everyone wants to go hunting but no one wants to help work and scout all summer.

the overarching issue is hunting and competition in the same sentence. if you need competition to enjoy hunting then trans soccer w toofer w a highstrung haircut and beard is a better option.

not that hs has that haircut for the record as far as I know.
    Last edited by drwilly; 05-04-2023 at 07:55 AM. Reason: adding disclaimers
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

What I don't get is, nationally, hunter numbers are falling every year. But every year, it seems to get more crowded. More trailers parked at the landing, more corn ponds built.

Quote Originally Posted by GMAC View Post
    What I don't get is, nationally, hunter numbers are falling every year. But every year, it seems to get more crowded. More trailers parked at the landing, more corn ponds built.
    They say numbers are falling but what they really mean is percent of population that hunts. So hunter numbers are increasing but not on pace with population.

Quote Originally Posted by GMAC View Post
    https://www.americanhunter.org/conte...ional-decline/

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing that I have ever heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by drwilly View Post
    the overarching issue is hunting and competition in the same sentence. if you need competition to enjoy hunting then trans soccer w toofer w a highstrung haircut and beard is a better option.

not that hs has that haircut for the record as far as I know.
    Haha, no worries, this time a year I cut it myself with a 1 inch guard.. I bet no one saw that coming, every ten days.