Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Tropical

Beat me to it, JABIII. Things might get a little too interesting in the next couple of weeks.

S. La can definitely use a tropical depression. Folks are driving trucks and tractors in the marsh opening it up. Nobody has ever done that without low impact marsh equipment.

Early teal need the water too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

We need some rain right here! Don't see any for awhile.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Ahh Gert...

Lined up like the cars at Daytona Next Saturday Night!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Is Gert gonna be the one?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Listened to someone way smarter than I am on this or most subjects (not that hard really) and said the La Nina will keep most everything away from us tropical but should bring us more than average rainfall for the winter. If you look at the crazy path the tropical Hilary did this past weekend, it seems like he was on to something. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

I'm having a new roof installed at the beach this week.

I'll bet you $1k that she'll get tested at some point this year.

I don't spend money on a damn'd thing that doesn't get torn up in the first 6mths. Fact.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

West coast Hurricane Hilary is flooding them out right now in Cali. Flooding and mud slides with more torrential rain on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    West coast Hurricane Hilary is flooding them out right now in Cali. Flooding and mud slides with more torrential rain on the way.
    I saw a Babylon Bee article titled something along the lines of - "CA Residents Hopeful Hurricane Will Wash Poop off Their Sidewalks"

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Is Gert gonna be the one?
    I don't think so, but the predicted stall is concerning enough to keep an eye on it...

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    Listened to someone way smarter than I am on this or most subjects (not that hard really) and said the La Nina will keep most everything away from us tropical but should bring us more than average rainfall for the winter. If you look at the crazy path the tropical Hilary did this past weekend, it seems like he was on to something. MG
    La Nina is not correct. El Nino is the weather pattern in effect that will effect our winter. Could be a very snowy or wet winter depending on where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    La Nina is not correct. El Nino is the weather pattern in effect that will effect our winter. Could be a very snowy or wet winter depending on where you are.
    I'd be okay with this prediction.

Farmers Almanac:
    "Some of the coldest periods will come during late November, early December, throughout January, and mid-February. In terms of precipitation, snowfall and precipitation will be less than normal in the eastern region, while coming in heavier and above normal in the west."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

I've heard conflicting reports. B/C of El Niño precipitation should be above normal on the East Coast and in the Southeast. Could be snow or rain depending on where you live, but it will be cold. I think we are in for a couple decent snowfalls in SC, and the Northeast is gonna get hammered this winter. I'm not a meteorologist, but I'm just as good as one considering what they get right/wrong.

This one may make a mess of the beaches...

Must be getting close to dove season...

Up to 12" forcasted for Hampton County..... WTF
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

i've seen from 1-10" in columbia.

we've landed on the moon but cant predict the weather for shit.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.