Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible Crimes?

Default Possible Crimes?

I’ve got a guy and brother on camera putting out trees for fish and have identified them. The issue is they loaded so many along with baling wire and so close to my pier my 2 neighbors no one can throw a line out with out getting hooked on this mess.

My neighbor fished every night he is so frustrated he has given up. He has a trash pile of wax myrtles, wire and random things from the dump he has been able to pull up. Besides preventing us from fishing I would be scared for someone to jump off of said pier for breaking limbs on their body or getting hung up and not being able to swim up.

I’ve called 3 different DNR agents this am and got 3 different answers. The one agent I need is off till Monday. I’m waiting on Santee to call me back as well.

I’ve been told the depositors can be charged with littering and preventing others from fishing on each count of said deposits. Down to there is nothing that can be done it is totally legal and nothing I can do and if I want it removed I have to higher divers?

What does our brain trust say on this matter.

Again let me be clear if someone wants to go throw debri out in the middle of the lake and mark it so be it. But right up beside peoples piers? This just doesn’t seem right for a lot of reasons.

Thanks in advance
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

What county?

I would go the Santee Cooper route vs the DNR route. If the one you’re waiting to talk w/on a Monday has the initials CR, you’re wasting your breath.

No need to call anyone.
    A rope, a grapple hook and a boat (optional?) would solve your problem.
    Repeat as necessary until they go away.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    No need to call anyone.
    That's exactly what I was about to say.

No need to call anyone.
    Ouch, that seems drastic.(snagging them like a gator)
    Last edited by Cwaysvt; 03-23-2023 at 02:37 PM.

Frishermen have been putting out brush piles since the beginning of the man made impoundments. However I would not have put it in front of your pier kind of defeats the purpose of having a secrete spot. I would get a grappling hook and either pull it up of drag in t out to the middle of the lake. Had a guy sink a couple trees in front of my duck blind and here he is every Saturday sitting in front for a hour or so. I hooked his brush with the grappling hook and dragged out to the river channel and cut it loose. No more problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    I’ve got a guy and brother on camera putting out trees for fish and have identified them.
    You identified them?

Kindly return their garbage to their front lawn.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

LOL Sweet revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by mello_collins View Post
    Kindly return their garbage to their front lawn.
    I like this option but put it in the driveway so they HAVE to move it.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

It’s in Clarendon county.

Yes we have identified them.

I have no issue with them putting them out in the middle of the lake.

I do have a huge issue placing them in front of peoples piers.

I’m not talking about 1-300 yards off said piers I’m talking about if you jumped off the banister you would end up in a tangled mess or wire and trees.

I spoke with Santee they said they would never tell anyone to put a brush pile in front of a pier.

I didn’t know this until today but they issue permits for this purpose and if not done properly can result in back with the multiple charges from LEO.

They generally do not push the issue but they can.

Being these are a safty hazard they are concerned.

No it isn’t an officer with initials CR it’s BB.

I’m not sure a grappling hook would work with the sheer volume. They had a dang pull behind barge when initially putting out debri. They came back over the weekend to “sweeten” the piles. It looked like something off that swamp loggers show.

Again I’m not opposed to setting up brush piles. They did so out in water well outside of what I consider to be a physical danger and don’t concern me. But they made and loop and litterally were holding on to several piers as they dumped the crap off the barge.

I’m hoping to get some relief as this is impeding my neighbor’s and my selfs ability to simply use our own piers for fishing purposes.

I have small kids and a sliding board. I’m very concerned about someone getting hurt as this will be in a major hazard once the water is warm enough and folks start jumping diving off my pier.

I’ve got some idea of how to move those but based off what the neighbor is running into the baling wire has the debri tied together so tite one can’t simply break apart pieces and remove it.

I think when they ran out of items to weigh the trees down they went to the dump and just started grabbing heavy objects and hooping them in.

It’s amazing what the neighbor has drug up so far!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

No need to call anyone.
    This

Handle Your Business
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Set this up for next time you get them on camera

74842C71-8F9E-4193-B61E-28F97B6AE24D.png
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

If this is a swim dock as stated this is a no go from the start if yo just fished off it you have new brush piles for no effort. I am never that lucky

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    Set this up for next time you get them on camera

74842C71-8F9E-4193-B61E-28F97B6AE24D.png
    Suppressed .45 work better!

Dudes pulled up in the middle of the summer because I had the lights on
    Tide off to the pier we were next door on neighbors piers

They thought we were shooting a nerf gun

When I told them what it was they freaked out told me I was unsafe and hauled ass after they had come running 60 plus mph in the dark just to fish said pier

I asked what the issue was.

They used some profanity I couldn’t hear as they slammed the gas in the pitch black dark with no lights on other than navigational.

What could go wrong.

It amazes me the liberties folks will take and how they drive on that lake.

If they want lights go build a pier and pay the electrical bill.

I don’t even care if they stay in the shawdows but why folks think they can hang on is a mystery.

They didn’t know we were there on the other pier or what.

I had my wife turn the lights off from the house and they just sat there with all of us in the dark.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

I would submerge some chicken wire

The Wyboo creek lights used to be pretty hot during the summer. Some folks didn't like it at all and some didn't care. Never tied off or fished one someone was fishing off of. It got to the point there was a boat on every light and not worth the effort. We didn't start fishing till most had gone to bed for the night. Been 35 years or so since fishing lights. I was wondering how it is today from SW's post i guess its not too good.
    Last edited by centurian; 03-23-2023 at 02:50 PM.

I generally dont care as long as they keep some distance. I have some rather bright lights when I crank all of them up. Just stay out side of the lights in the shadows and cast into the light an or around the pier unless I have cat fish lines out. I generally dont like my lines getting tangled up with some dude throwing or attempting to throw under the pier. I really dont like having folks tie off to said pier.

Now you really want to see some fun.

Let them get good and tied off and throw once or twice and then I unleash those Ridge Backs from the house. It looks like some one trying to rope a calf in a rodeo in reverse.

Again, I dont have an issue with the fishing the lights just dont use my pier to do so. It isnt public property, and no one helps me pay the taxes on it.

I've even turned the lights on for some of the members on here and left them on for a week or so, with out me being there. They dont tie off or bring the junk yard with them to deposit in front of the pier! I'm not a total tail hole. I just like to be asked and I'll give ou the shirt off my back!
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    I would submerge some chicken wire
    Right now I have plenty of that, but I dont want to create an submerged trap, and or danger a child or unsuspecting swimmer may encounter and become trapped and drown in.
    This is my main concern with their bailing wire, and trash they borrowed from the Jordan Dump!
    Last edited by Silentweapon338; 03-23-2023 at 03:04 PM.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

People get upset about sinking brush? Just fish it? Thank them for doing you a favor…
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965