Thread: Ge dishwasher repair

Default Ge dishwasher repair

Anyone have a lead on someone that can repair a ge dishwasher?. From what I can tell is the dishwasher isn't using water. The dishes are still dirty, the detergent pod isn't dissolved at the end of the cycle.

Trying to avoid buying a new dishwasher.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

How old are your lines? Checked your supply line? Make sure it's not clogged before you buy new, or pay a service call (same price as a new dishwasher).
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Where are you located? I have a guy in Greenville.

Have you confirmed the water to the dishwasher is on? I ran into the same scenario not long ago when I replaced the kitchen faucet. I failed to turn the dishwasher supply line back on.

Lines are good.
    Im thinking inlet flow switch or flood switch. I took about a half gallon of water and poured in the bottom of the dishwasher to make sure the drain wasn't stuck and make sure the filter was not clogged. I left the water in the bottom and turned the dishwasher on for five minutes and checked it again. The tub was empty and all the dishes were wet. Thus the reason for thinking inlet flow or flood switch but that's as far as my knowledge has taken me.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Duracraft View Post
    Where are you located? I have a guy in Greenville.
    Midlands

Water supply line is on. Haven't been under the sink to mess with anything

Check it anyway.

Dishwashers are easy to pull out, two screws at the top. disconnect supply line from DW.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Google search says it's your pump motor. Check amazon for a replacement motor to get a gauge on what you're going to spend plus a service call. Compare that to a new one. Bet you'll want to buy a new one.

Other items mentioned by google:

Why is my ge dishwasher not filling with water?
    Turn on the water in your sink and check its flow. In many cases, the dishwasher itself may not be the problem. ...
    Look at your float switch. Your float switch is going to be close to the bottom of the dishwasher and is designed to detect water levels. ...
    Take a look at your water inlet valve. ...
    Call a plumber if no issue seems to be visibly apparent. ...

Get a Bosch

I've got a Bosch. Fucking start button is wonky. They're all made to break and be too expensive to repair so you buy new.

Get the make/model/serial number and call appliance parts pros.com tell dude what it’s doing and he’ll diagnose it and mail you the part. YouTube how to replace the part. I’ve done this process several times and the part they recommended has been correct every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Buy a new one
    --Salt Muck 2023
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Its a throw away item, buy a new one. If i had to pull it out from under the cabinet i would put a new one in its place every time.
    Last edited by centurian; 03-01-2023 at 01:59 PM.

$60 in parts and its back to running like it's supposed to.

Replaced inlet control valve and flood switch. Took about 30 minutes total