Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Child Rearin'

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

you should see parents explain why their kid wont open their mouth to let me look at a tooth.
    Rarely happened years ago. Parent sat in waiting room.
    ALWAYS happens today as mom is in corner of room watching ME like a hawk.

I stopped treating kids.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    you should see parents explain why their kid wont open their mouth to let me look at a tooth.
    Rarely happened years ago. Parent sat in waiting room.
    ALWAYS happens today as mom is in corner of room watching ME like a hawk.

I stopped treating kids.
    Dentists are weird and no one wants your crusty hand in their mouth. Those kids were just scared of you.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Right?! I mean put your shirt back on. It’s a medical office for cryin out loud.

yeah, i've heard the "she's just scared" bullshit a number of times.

scared of me to LOOK? no. they arent scared. they are defiant. I'm an adult. If i say JUMP, they should jump.

if you dont like my style, there are plenty of dentists out there for you. I can give you Glenn's number.

I'm too old to deal with a 10 year old that wont open.

and i'm way too hairy for anyone to notice if my shirt was off....

Why do I need to take my pants off the problem is my tooth? Trust me I’m a dentist…..
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Y'all playing for second place. Don't see y'all with your own threads on the matter.

https://scducks.com/forum/showthread...ghlight=Simple
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

I got scolded by a neighborhood mom for telling her son not to say “huh” to me……told he could say yes no or sir….she said he’s only 9

Hell I was cutting 10 yards when I was 12

Quote Originally Posted by jwterry3 View Post
    I got scolded by a neighborhood mom for telling her son not to say “huh” to me……told he could say yes no or sir….she said he’s only 9

Hell I was cutting 10 yards when I was 12
    My 4 y/o got in trouble at day care last week for telling her teacher that “huh” isn’t a word….
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

I rarely give spankings to my critters not because I spare the rod, but because they know I will spank. Daughter pushes hard against momma. Momma doesnt spank. I've always had a three strikes you're out policy. If I tell you three times to do something, it's a lick. Every protest against it, it's another. Back talking about the injustice of it I start counting down.

I make them go sit in their room until it happens. This is two parts...one, so I can cool down if they've made me mad...I dont ever want to strike a child when I am angry. Second...so it all sinks in their heads and they have time to contemplate. Anticipation is much worse than the actual whipping. Before I start we have a conversation about why we are where we are. I tell them I love them am not mad at them but that I am teaching them there are consequences now so that they dont have to learn as an adult that there's no escape from the consequences of our actions. Then they have to lean over and hold the bed and take their licks. If they move or try to avoid them I add a lick for every infraction. After it's over we talk again and I make sure I tell them I love them.

Yeah, It's a total mind fuck but the purpose of a disciplinary action is to improve future behavior and I feel like I have two great kids. I cant count on one hand the number of times the daughter has had a spanking, but it takes two to count the number of times the boy has gotten them. Even at 19 and 6'2 it doesnt take but twice to ask him to do something (chore wise).
    Last edited by BigBrother; 08-25-2022 at 01:08 PM.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I rarely give spankings to my critters not because I spare the rod, but because they know I will spank. Daughter pushes hard against momma. Momma doesnt spank. I've always had a three strikes you're out policy. If I tell you three times to do something, it's a lick. Every protest against it, it's another. Back talking about the injustice of it I start counting down.

I make them go sit in their room until it happens. This is two parts...one, so I can cool down if they've made me mad...I dont ever want to strike a child when I am angry. Second...so it all sinks in their heads and they have time to contemplate. Anticipation is much worse than the actual whipping. Before I start we have a conversation about why we are where we are. I tell them I love them am not mad at them but that I am teaching them there are consequences now so that they dont have to learn as an adult that there's no escape from the consequences of our actions. Then they have to lean over and hold the bed and take their licks. If they move or try to avoid them I add a lick for every infraction. After it's over we talk again and I make sure I tell them I love them.

Yeah, It's a total mind fuck but the purpose of a disciplinary action is to improve future behavior and I feel like I have two great kids. I cant count on one hand the number of times the daughter has had a spanking, but it takes two to count the number of times the boy has gotten them. Even at 19 and 6'2 it doesnt take but twice to ask him to do something (chore wise).
    pretty sure thats why our dads had us go pick the switch. that few minutes was way worse than the actual spanking....

It's all official up in y'all house.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

my kid knows for sure what the motto F around and find out means..... and of course I dont cuss but you get the meaning

If you spare the rod, you spoil the child. I'm far from a perfect parent but my kids received discipline and correction when needed.

Nothing makes me more proud than to overhear my 27, 28 and 30 year old say "yes ma'am" or "yes sir" when I am out with them, with family or at an event. To hear my two year old granddaughter say "yes ma'am" to her mama makes my heart explode. Raising a youngin is work but I think it is the highest reflection on us as parents.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Hmmm. Based on the responses this should be the best generation of Children we have seen in decades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

I promised myself no switches. I had pure scabs across my backside and legs more than once. It's good wide, thick leather belt and it makes a slapping sound as it comes through the belt loops with a quickness that is sure to put a hush over the room and situation. Dont say a word...just lay it on the table, counter and look at the offender.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

The vast majority of a child’s spankings should happen before they’re 5. Most parents screw up not by not starting disciplining when a child is young. You wait until they’re 6-7 you’ve lost a big battle and will take a lot more effort to win the war. It’s a heck of a lot easier to correct bad behavior in a 2 year old. It ain’t cute when they misbehave

It's good wide, thick leather belt and it makes a slapping sound as it comes through the belt loops with a quickness that is sure to put a hush over the room and situation. Dont say a word...just lay it on the table, counter and look at the offender.
    I can hear it now.

My son was at tryouts for a local ball team. One of the other kids trying out had recently moved here from CA. That kids mom over heard my kid and several others, yes siring the coaches. She looked at me and said she is still getting used to hearing kids respond like that. I did pull my daughters bedroom door off the hinges a few months back for slamming it shut. I woke up in the morning to find her sleeping in the spare bedroom, with the door shut.
    Last edited by scmoose; 08-25-2022 at 02:29 PM.

My son is 6 weeks old. What’s worse, diapers and crying, or complaining and kids not listening?

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    My son is 6 weeks old. What’s worse, diapers and crying, or complaining and kids not listening?
    It seems bad now, but you'll miss the diapers and crying. I took a 15 minute nap when my youngest was 2. I woke up and he's 11 and started middle school this year. His mama took a picture of him walking into school and I had to find a private spot for a few minutes.
    "Mother Nature and Father Time- still undefeated."