Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
Guys, I want to thank all of you who have donated items and have bid so generously. We are at $50,500 with almost a week to go. That is incredibly powerful.

I wanted to take a minute to talk about this cause, along with TFC. Your donations will be going to TFC, and then passed through to Jacob and his family. I thought you all deserved to know what TFC is and what we are about. TFC (Turkey Fight Club) started as a text thread on opening day of the 2013 turkey season. More or less a bunch of damn good turkey hunters acting like arrogant assholes and strutting for each other. By the end of that season, 12 remained. We have truly formed lifetime friendships, and over time, become humbled a bit. When one of our own, Shane Weeks contracted cancer, we used this platform to spearhead an auction for him that was very helpful to his family as they traveled back and forth to Houston for his treatment. We did the same when Jacob Dupree was diagnosed the first time. Our group has grown, and we felt led to try to do more. So, 2 years ago we changed TFC to Turkey Hunters Fighting Cancer. As everyone is, many of us are busy with work/kids/hunting etc., and I simply didn’t follow through organizing the company. Jacob’s latest hiccup motivated me, and we are now fully set up with EIN, Articles of Incorporation, and 501(c)(3) status. A lot of folks that you’ve seen join and bid are friends of ours from across the country. I appreciate y’all welcoming them. When I let JAB know what we are doing, he offered me sponsor status, free of charge. I cannot thank him enough for that, and for this platform. Our plan is to continue to raise money for, not only Jacob, but for someone in the future whose family will be touched by this evil disease. If any of you ever have a person in your life that could benefit from some financial support, a person with cancer (particularly young) that could benefit from some time outdoors, or a cause we could get behind, please let us know. You are welcome to PM me. This kind of money is incredibly impactful fro someone facing this battle. Time outdoors can be very good for someone facing this battle. I want to thank JAB for the platform, and thank all of you for your generosity.

Keep Bidding, Michael Boozer
Good stuff!