Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fire ant eradication

Ortho- Orthene. Put it on every mound in your yard, and it will kill them. They won't build another Mound, ever!!

Just don't let Sportin" see or hear about this, looks just like a mound of PeePaw's finest White Powder. Do NOT suggest Snorting to kill Fire Ant's.

I've been using over & out for about 10 years with fairly good results. Its a granular that you spread over the whole yard and water in.It may get hard to find, though, I've never seen it in Lowes, and when I bought the last 4 bags home depot in Anderson had back in April, the lady working the garden department said she didn't think they were going to carry it any more.
    "Mother Nature and Father Time- still undefeated."

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Save your receipts for the class action suit when you come down with non-Hopkins lymphoma.
    Why? The Taurus?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    https://www.domyown.com/taurus-sc-te...de-p-1816.html

There. it went through my work filters and jacked up the https.
    This

2 oz/ acre, watered in will keep fire ants away for 12 months. Also great on mole crickets

It’s not worth a crap at black ants. Use bifenthrin for them

I don't like pizenin my whole yard. Orthene knocks out a mound in like 40 minutes. Same for those less centralized nests.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Save your receipts for the class action suit when you come down with non-Hopkins lymphoma.
    Well, crap. Hope you’re wrong on this one. I’ve been using Talstar for a number of years as the only thing I could find to kill a gazillion field ants. They wiped out my fire ants 8-10 years ago and then became a bigger problem themselves.

https://www.domyown.com/talstar-prof...tml?sub_id=655
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Malathion. You can still get it in India.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtimeduckhunter View Post
    This

2 oz/ acre, watered in will keep fire ants away for 12 months. Also great on mole crickets

It’s not worth a crap at black ants. Use bifenthrin for them
    Depending on what kind of black ants you're talking about, I disagree. I have those little tiny wood ants that nest in rotting wood and leaf debris. It's crazy how many there are at my riverhouse. If the kids sat down food inside, it would take minutes and they'd come out of the woodwork and be all over.

These are what got their dicks knocked in the dirt. Like total nuclear bombed them. The fireants were an added bonus.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton