Thread: Fun day offshore

Rolled out of Savannah around 7am.
    Loaded up on turbo pogies off of HHI. Cruised out 25mi and put lines in 70ft of water. Just one other boat out there and not much going on. Slow trolled for about an hr and the ocean came to life. Cigar minnnows everywhere, spadefish and huge schools of cobia. The kings started slashing through the cigar minnows and we started picking up fish. Ended the day with 5 kings in the box, missed a bunch and missed 2 cobia. The ocean was flat and the temp was 76*. Had a lot of fun with the kings, no smokers but good eatin' size. By the way, all fish caught on the surface b/c the downrigger give up on us.

FW sounds like a great day. Glad to hear ya'll had a good time AND caught fish.

JP
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

Glad you caught some fish sounds like you had fun, sorry you missed the cobia.

Did you make it to NC for any offshore action?

Crazy Horse,
    We fished out of Ocean Isle last Thurs and did'nt do anything. It was really rough so all we could do was try to kingfish.

Sorry to hear that......try Morehead/Beaufort next time. This time of year if the Kings aren't there at least some fat, and I mean fat alberts will be.