Thread: snakey weekend

Default snakey weekend

Friday, I opened my pump house and there was a red-bellied snake in there. I left him alone but he didn't like it when the pump came on and scooted off somewhere.

Later the same day, I was filling my sprayer tank with liquid nitrogen from a pallet tote and suddenly a black racer came bailing out of the sprayer tank. Apparently, he had taken up residence in the 2" suction hose that I was using to transfer the liquid. I snatched him up and rinsed him in a bucket of water but I can only imagine how badly it stung his eyes if it didn't blind him. Nitrogen is strong ammonia.

Yesterday, I was about to hook up the flail mower and a big red-bellied snake darted from the mower to under the tarp over the adjacent implement. Luckily, that got me thinking about snakes and probably was the only reason I spotted this guy next to the mower.

rattler hiding.jpg

I scampered back to camp to grab my snake tongs so I could catch the rattler to use for some snake break training with the dogs and he was gone when I got back. Needless to say, I scanned the ground before every step for the rest of the afternoon.

Whoa, good eyes.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Son had water moccasin climb on kayak with him.
    Bluetick

pretty one
    Last edited by Sasha and Abby; Yesterday at 02:05 PM.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Where's the pic of him fertilizing the grass?

Literally just left a wedding venue looking at some work about an hour ago. We walked in and there was a 4-5' black snake climbing the wall. I had to catch him for the older gentlemen and take him outside. We looked at the work and I was pulling out when he flagged me down. Another one was on the wall in the same room, so I had to grab it too.

Moving for sure. I have 2 king snakes in the backyard chasing one another as we speak...

Killed a copperhead in the driveway last week. It almost got my new pup and the wife as she was trying to get the dog.