Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Starlink Internet

I’m hoping they get this new fiber out here before my Starlink equipment is ready. Gonna be a race to see who gets here first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Just wanted to give an update on Starlink. I was still getting great speeds until April 6th when I lost connection and haven't been able to get back online. Worst customer service I have ever dealt with. There is no phone number. You have to submit a help ticket and wait. All I have got from them is a generic email for troubleshooting. Of course that did not work. Who knows if or when they will contact me. So if it is working, you will love it. If not, good luck.
    Last edited by *Crippler*; 04-13-2022 at 10:57 AM.
    "It's like dejavu all over again"
    "90% of the game is half mental" Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by *Crippler* View Post
    Just wanted to give an update on Starlink. I was still getting great speeds until April 6th when I lost connection and haven't been able to get back online. Worst customer service I have ever dealt with. There is no phone number. You have to submit a help ticket and wait. All I have got from them is a generic email for troubleshooting. Of course that did not work. Who knows if or when they will contact me. So if it is working, you will love it. If not, good luck.
    Shit, I really didn't want to see this. Got my email Monday saying my hardware was ready and that I have 7 days to confirm or cancel......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Damn, man. I am sorry y'all are dealing with that nonsense. Thank you for the update and let us know how/if/when it resolves...

resolve's

(snicker)
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Byte me.

Got my email yesterday that my equipment is ready to ship. Just so happens, Spectrum has contractors at the corner of the road and Comporium is about a mile and half away coming our direction. Debating on spending the $541 now and being stuck with equipment you can’t resell, or holding out to see when the local guys get in here

"Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

It's my understanding that you can resale the equipment now.
    "It's like dejavu all over again"
    "90% of the game is half mental" Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by billbuster84 View Post
    Got my email yesterday that my equipment is ready to ship. Just so happens, Spectrum has contractors at the corner of the road and Comporium is about a mile and half away coming our direction. Debating on spending the $541 now and being stuck with equipment you can’t resell, or holding out to see when the local guys get in here

Can resell it to someone else in your area cant you?

Ordered last Thursday and the kit will be here Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Have you tried mashin' ctrl/alt/del?

Quote Originally Posted by billbuster84 View Post

Spectrum sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie1976 View Post
    Can resell it to someone else in your area cant you?
    Unless I read the agreement wrong, you can’t sell it at all. Who knows though.

And yes I know Spectrum sucks, but so does working off of a hot spot and cell booster, and only having decent signal in one room of the house.

One of yall mind giving ol' Elon a call for me. Still have not been contacted. This shit is getting ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetch View Post
    Spectrum sucks.
    I just got out of a meeting with their engineer/planning guys. They propose 4 miles of underground, bored under river, bored through solid rock for large portions, to serve a maximum of 22 homes, actually about 10 because most of us have all the innernets we need.

How does that math work you ask? Easy. YOU are paying for it.

Oh, it might interest you to know that you are actually paying for it AGAIN, because AT&T accepted massive tax breaks in the 90's with the GUARANTEE that they would provide the entire US with rural internet. Gotta love capitalism...

musk is busy making a run at twitter
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I just got out of a meeting with their engineer/planning guys. They propose 4 miles of underground, bored under river, bored through solid rock for large portions, to serve a maximum of 22 homes, actually about 10.

How does that math work you ask? Easy. YOU are paying for it...
    Math works great when its all paid for by the feds..

"The federal government is allocating about $65 billion to improve broadband internet access in rural areas and make broadband more affordable for lower-income households across the U.S.Nov 15, 2021"

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    musk is busy making a run at twitter
    I wanted to Bigdog them and tell them I knew Willyworm, but figured I would save that bullet..

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I wanted to Bigdog them and tell them I knew Willyworm, but figured I would save that bullet..
    He left we dont discuss his name in the office anymore.....

One of yall mind giving ol' Elon a call for me. Still have not been contacted. This shit is getting ridiculous.
    Hit him up on twitter.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton