Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My Covid Experience

Quote Originally Posted by LowcountryBuck View Post
    The experts have absolutely said it was here then.
    Depends on what expert you ask, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    That 10 days from CDC is only if you can isolate the person that has Covid. Since it’s a child you can’t do that. They told us we had to either do 20 days (10 days for the covid persons quarantine, then 10 more days for the negative people). Or you could test after 7 days of contact from the positive test and get out of quarantine. Makes sense if you think about it
    Dont disagree but Ive got a a paper from the doctor with CDC on it that says otherwise. I was told they changed that guideline last month......

Ask 10 people and get 8 different answers

Luckily I have a job were I dont have to be in an office or around anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

I can’t believe anyone is dumb enough to not wear a mask during close contact.

The “anti maskers” are the ones continuing us down this road. Heard about one person that refused a mask because it was “mark of the beast”...they ended up in the hospital.

Did you know that even if you don’t actually go to church that you can still be a Christian and the lord will accept you?
    I know thats Mind blowing for some.
    Windows Down!

Really? If masks work so well, then how are people that are wearing them 24/7 still getting sick?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by raybird View Post

The “anti maskers” are the ones continuing us down this road. Heard about one person that refused a mask because it was “mark of the beast”...they ended up in the hospital.

Did you know that even if you don’t actually go to church that you can still be a Christian and the lord will accept you?
    I know of 6 people that are sick right now and they all wear a mask everywhere they go. I dont think a mask is the answer.

**2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

Quote Originally Posted by buckshot1224 View Post
    I know of 6 people that are sick right now and they all wear a mask everywhere they go. I don’t think a mask is the answer.

Likely because they came into contact with someone not wearing a mask. It’s widely known a mask doesn’t prevent one from getting Covid. The point of the mask is to prevent someone with Covid from spreading it to others.

http://www.indexjournal.com/opinion/...e75d4caac.html

That’s the best explanation I’ve read on mask since March.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    I don't want to take no chances. I don't want it
    I'm with you, not taking any chances. I wear a mask if I have to be around people. If I have to go into a grocery store I will also wear surgical gloves. I'm fairly isolated from people normally, and since all of this started I'm even more isolated. I told the fools that I usually hunt with that I would only be hunting solo this year. I'm 60, so I'm concerned for myself. What complicates my situation is that I'm responsible for my 97 year old mother and if I happen to become infected and pass the virus on to her, the likelihood of her surviving would be slim. It's one thing if she just passes away in her sleep, however, I don't want to be responsible for causing her death.
    \"Free your mind, your ass will follow\"

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    Likely because they came into contact with someone not wearing a mask. It’s widely known a mask doesn’t prevent one from getting Covid. The point of the mask is to prevent someone with Covid from spreading it to others.

http://www.indexjournal.com/opinion/...e75d4caac.html

That’s the best explanation I’ve read on mask since March.
    I still don't get it. If mask filter out particles going out , why don 't they have the same filter properties going in?

I agree. Trust me when I say nobody hates wearing a mask worse than I do but I feel it is my duty to try and keep the spread of this down and if the experts say it will HELP(nothing is 100%) then so be it

Churches kill me even mine, we watch our preacher online(actually pull it up on our den tv every sunday ) and I give my tithes online.

I see a handful of church members every am at breakfast and I did ask one how many people wear masks , most do not from what they tell me
    Seems to be the older members of church that are bound and determined to be in church in person without masks. I just do not get it but that is up to each person to judge.

Yes my Preacher knows my thoughts. He and I talk regularly . Not meaning to turn this into an “anti church” topic but just my observation

Wife and I will watch our church service today at 11 like always

My understanding was that you could get it through your eyes so if everyone wore a mask in close contact there wouldn't be the particles in the air to get in your eyes. Not sure if it's true or not.

Also I would think many people are getting it by touching surfaces that are contaminated and then touching their noses, eyes, or mouth. Think about how many times you touch a credit/debit machine at a store or gas station. Unless your being diligent with hand sanitizer I think you you run the risk.

Most of the cases I know of personally is they catch it from their kids,bars,work,but mostly family gatherings. It’s gonna get worse before it gets better.It’s here to stay but it’s not if you catch it...it’s when.Just be careful,social distance,and just remember God has a plan.

Everyone I know who has gotten it wears a mask, I'm talking like wears a mask riding down the road in the car by themselves type people
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Everyone I know who has gotten it wears a mask, I'm talking like wears a mask riding down the road in the car by themselves type people

I do get a laugh out of those but have actually caught myself doing it without thinking. Hope in truck/car with mask on and then it dawns on me.

Normally take mine off as soon as I am out the door

Quote Originally Posted by Coot_Commander View Post
    Most of the cases I know of personally is they catch it from their kids,bars,work,but mostly family gatherings. It’s gonna get worse before it gets better.It’s here to stay but it’s not if you catch it...it’s when.Just be careful,social distance,and just remember God has a plan.

I agree. I made my family a little upset with me Sunday before Christmas, wife’s family (Sister, BIL, 2 adult nephews ) were to come to out house for Christmas lunch. However SIL said they went to a VFD Christmas party the night before and there was about 40-50 people there. Wife asked her WHY they did that with all that it going on. I got up and it was on my mind, we had bought all the stuff for the meal and were doing all the cooking so not a huge inconvenience for them, the more I thought about it the more nervous I got

Woke wife up and told her my thoughts , well that went over like a turd in a punch bowl but she knew in the long run I was right She/I were very disappointed but I stuck to my gut instinct SIL acted like not a huge deal about being a big party like that but they understood

Now couple days later both nephews (Full time firemen/EMT’S) tested positive. Now SIL is having a battle with COVID but seems to be doing ok for most part. BIL is showing symptoms

Just got to use common sense and I know it is going to be impossible to avoid in the long run
    Last edited by tprice; 01-03-2021 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Just got to use common sense

Good F#@king luck getting most people to use something they don't have

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Mask certainly are not full proof. But if I had to give a positive person a pill I would want both wearing mask, but my preference would be toss from 6 feet. I have no idea but I think social distancing is more important. Some still do not understand how far 6ft away is.

I don't understand going into a store with no mask when they require one. Shop somewhere else. You cannot set your rules in another man's domain.

Many of my extended family were anti-maskers until it started to hit home with them after Thanksgiving. The anti-maskers and it is like the flu folks are dropping like flies as it becomes more prevalent.

Some think a 99% survival rate is good, which would make Covid 10 times more deadly than the flu. Could be me but 1 in 100 does not sound good. Yes, I understand the age factor.

Just got my results and they were negative

That is a relief

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Just got my results and they were negative

That is a relief
    Glad you don't but what about the next day when you go to a store, WM etc. This testing is making somebody really rich
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I cant believe anyone is dumb enough to not wear a mask during close contact.

The anti maskers are the ones continuing us down this road. Heard about one person that refused a mask because it was mark of the beast...they ended up in the hospital.

Did you know that even if you dont actually go to church that you can still be a Christian and the lord will accept you?
    all who make it to heaven will not be rewarded equally either.....
    Last edited by BRR; 01-03-2021 at 02:28 PM.

All I’ll say is if you’re not going to church because of COVID I hope you’re not going to stores or restaurants. That’s not directed at you just a general statement. And an argument can be made on the church comment, but an Internet forum isn’t the place for it

I wore my mask at church today and my newest one dropped trowel. It still was rank. Ain't no way that mask is stopping the rona
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid