Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can't (Completely) Fill Boat's Gas Tank

i fixed a similr issue with a screw driver and a hose clamp last week while doubling down on crawpy
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

sorry wrong thread
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i lol'ed
    Will work for lemons

you most likely already have an access port in the floor of the boat, where the gas tanks sending unit is (the thing that tells the gauge how much is in the tank).
    Probably inside/under the center console. Just open it up and take the tank end of the fill hose off and then
    take the screws holding the fill spout fixture to the gunnel out and pull the mess out

Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post
    You've got dirt dobbers in your vent
    This

Had it happen several times over the years

Quote Originally Posted by Drylok View Post
    I have had dirt dobbers clog up a pee hole as well.

Would not be surprised at all to see them in a vent.
    Yep.

Keep a piece of stiff wire in boat for that
    Last edited by tprice; 03-04-2022 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    How long does the process take? I'm confident I already got all the tools I need, and I'm decently handy; would just need to get the hose. We talkin' minutes or hours?
    Bart, for you, it appears to take MONTHS...

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    you most likely already have an access port in the floor of the boat, where the gas tanks sending unit is (the thing that tells the gauge how much is in the tank).
    Probably inside/under the center console. Just open it up and take the tank end of the fill hose off and then
    take the screws holding the fill spout fixture to the gunnel out and pull the mess out
    Don't forget to attach a line to the old hose when you pull it out. That way you can use the line to pull the new hose back through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Quote Originally Posted by CUduckreeper View Post
    Don't forget to attach a line to the old hose when you pull it out. That way you can use the line to pull the new hose back through.
    Pro tip
    and I assume he already checked his vent line for dirt dobbers.
    I would first snake a length of some smaller stiff hose down the main fill hose to see if in fact it is "cloggeg" or collapsed
    Last edited by ecu1984; 03-04-2022 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Pro tip
    and I assume he already checked his vent line for dirt dobbers.
    I would first snake a length of some smaller stiff hose down the main fill hose to see if in fact it is "cloggeg" or collapsed
    Update:

Replaced fuel lines and primer bulb assembly with F-I-L a few months back. Problem persisted so I took it to a place in Georgetown. They said they fixed the issue. They didn't, so I took it back. They said the issue was fixed. It wasn't so I took it back. It's there now for the third time. Hopefully third time's a charm. Glad to know I'm not a (complete) moron, considering the trouble they're also having finding and fixing the issue.

They mentioned relocating the gas receptacle from the transom to somewhere along the gunwale, I'm guessing to strengthen the pick-up? Anyone ever heard of or experienced this fix?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Is it an external tank? Not sure why they would jump to moving the tank.

Once fixed, when filling the boat and it cuts off,...don't try to force an extra gallon or two in. That can clog the vent.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Not moving the tank, SW; moving the inlet, if that makes sense. It's a pretty well-known dealership, so I'm guessing/hoping they know what they're talking about. This time?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Tank is under the console, SW.

[QUOTE=Black Bart;3074605]Tank is under the console, SW.[/

Do you have access to the tank? If so disconnect your vent at the tank (may want to wait until you are at the gas station) and see if the problem persists. Watch for vapor/be careful.

You are generous paying them for a 3rd shot at it.
    Last edited by SouthernWake; 04-01-2023 at 08:00 PM.

Agreed, but I've already paid for the service. If they don’t fix it this time, I could get a external, but I'd obviously rather not have to do that. If I do have to go that route, I would expect for them to pay for it. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post
    You've got dirt dobbers in your vent

This is my guess

Update:

Marshall Marine in Georgetown is complete garbage. I'd recommend not doing business with them. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Update:

Marshall Marine in Georgetown is complete garbage. I'd recommend not doing business with them. That is all.
    We don’t like cliffhangers. Speak your mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You did take it back and pay them a third time after never correcting the problem on the previous 2.

I paid them to correct what I imagine is a very simple fix for a mechanic with rudimentary skills. I figured they'd get it right if nothing else to get rid of me. After three visits. They didn't. Lesson learned.