Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Manning and Kingstree folks

Quote Originally Posted by PharmHunter View Post
    Was Holladay’s not up to snuff?

My processor is actually in Home Branch but figured that’d be even further from your place.
    I didn't go. Britt went. Just wanted to see what my options were. Relax
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Want gonna say it, but fugg it, needs to be said:

Im really proud of all yall women folk taking up hunting, its empowering to our youth.

Maybe you could convince your husbands to give up crochet'ing one day a week to butcher your deer for you....

I used Coopers and Black Mingo last year and was pleased with both. Coopers is a fairly small, family run place. I saw the inside of their shop and it was clean. A friend took a deer my son shot to Black Mingo and I did not see the operation up close, but he spoke highly of them and the product was good. They seem like more of a production place. I have contact info for both if you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    I used Coopers and Black Mingo last year and was pleased with both. Coopers is a fairly small, family run place. I saw the inside of their shop and it was clean. A friend took a deer my son shot to Black Mingo and I did not see the operation up close, but he spoke highly of them and the product was good. They seem like more of a production place. I have contact info for both if you want it.
    Is Coopers the place near Andrews that supposedly has the great snack stix?
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

I’d go with coopers or Christmas....dosent matter what size deer you take to Minho....you always get the same amount of meat back

I use Christmas guy I work for uses coopers cause it’s closer to the plantation...zero complaints from either
    When in doubt, shoot him again!

Work like it's all up to me, but pray, like it's all up to him!

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Is Coopers the place near Andrews that supposedly has the great snack stix?
    I think he’s referring to the country store on 521 in Salters that does the country hams. Didn’t know they processed deer.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    I think he’s referring to the country store on 521 in Salters that does the country hams. Didn’t know they processed deer.
    No, different place. But close to the country store. This is behind a residence and is just west of Andrews. Husband, wife, and son were working there when I was in last. I didn’t get snack sticks but they had good sausage.

Quote Originally Posted by HEAD View Post
    I’d go with coopers or Christmas....dosent matter what size deer you take to Minho....you always get the same amount of meat back

I use Christmas guy I work for uses coopers cause it’s closer to the plantation...zero complaints from either
    Yeah, you’re wrong on Mingo. I’ve been using John Snow for years and haven’t ever experienced that. You get what you take in back. If it’s shot to hell, he’s not going to process it, if it’s rank he’s not going to process it. Snack sticks and jerky are damn good too.

Coopers over in Andrews only does basic processing. No cooked or prepped products last time I was there which was around first of October last year. Might have changed some this year. I know they have/had limicooler space.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I'll 2nd head on Mingo. You don't get near the amount of meat back as you would form other processors I've used. They will never get another one of my deer and one of the places I hunt is 5 minutes away.

Black Mingo.....Its a bit out of the way from Kingstree/Manning

John Snow has processed a ton of deer for me and several friends. Never had a complaint. Never heard a complaint until now.

This thread implies that the OP shot a deer.... I don't believe it! Maybe just future planning?
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Cooper's is a pretty good ride from Kingstree unless you're headed back South.

Places I hunt are all within a few miles of Cooper's so it's nice and convenient, and they do a great job.
    Last edited by M2Field; 10-01-2019 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by santee11 View Post
    There are no deer in that area.
    I hunted a farm outside of Kingstree for a few years. Not sure if it was this particular property but the deer seemed more nocturnal in that area than anywhere else I’ve hunted.

Managed to kill a few nice ones using the rattling horns.

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    This thread implies that the OP shot a deer.... I don't believe it! Maybe just future planning?
    Just confirming my desire for a walk in cooler

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    I didn't go. Britt went. Just wanted to see what my options were. Relax
    You Relax

Wasn't sure if they or 301 would be closer for you.
    I've never actually been to Holladay's...

im gonna try the Holladay place. Its a ride for me to get to peach orchard now.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    John Snow has processed a ton of deer for me and several friends. Never had a complaint. Never heard a complaint until now.
    Same thing here. Never had an issue with John and he gets several of my deer each year.

Coopers has some mighty fine Onion sausage....Jalapeno and cheese sausage as well. Ask Oliver, he's a believer now.
    They make some awesome Venison bacon and smoked snack sticks also.
    Last edited by Whitetail Widowmaker; 10-01-2019 at 08:31 AM.
    "The bird possesses a remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness." - Tom Kelly

"Some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters." - Archibald Rutledge

I find it crazy that we are in the middle of all those deer and deer hunters and 30 min is the closest processor