Thread: Gun Safe. Do you own one?

I just got a safe from Liberty Safes and it has been sweeeeet. Of course all my duck calls were the first things to go in the safe! It is nice having the peace of mind knowing that the guns are out of the kids hands and I can lock up just about anything I need to without worrying. That thing is so damn heavy that in the unlikely event a thief was to somehow get it out the door I would give him the combination out of admiration! If you have kids in the house, these things are priceless.....

By the time you pay for an insurance rider for all the guns you have that would otherwise not be covered, a safe will pay for itself after 3-4 years.

Bought a 42 gun Browning Medallion and have it bolted through the floor into concrete below. The house may blow down, but the safe will still be there.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Sash, with all these storms, maybe you can get in it. Sounds big enough
    Quote Originally Posted by dfasano View Post
    Don't speak for all of us.....stupid son a of a bitch (Dabo Swinney) needs to be spending his free time learning to coach instead of coming up with gay ass sayings.

I have a Browining Medallion also. My advice is to buy the biggest one you can afford because you will quickly fill it up with important papers and everything else you want to keep safe from fire.

My Browning safe is behind the garage door, thru another deadbolt locked doot to get into the room where it is - which is wired into the alarm sytem - once you get thru those you still have to break into it since you won't be taking it with you! They are priceless - learned that the hard way about 7 yrs ago.
    I always thought a website was a selling tool, not a product repair manual!

Be careful how much you trust those things when it comes to fires. We had a house burn a while back. While I don't know the exact brand, it was suppose to be one of the best. When the guy opened the safe, it wasn't a pretty picture. Some papers were ruined and so were some of the guns.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Definitly buy one bigger than you need because they may say 24 or 36 gun but you can only get that many in there with a shoehorn.

Good post Lab. In a bigtime house fire these safes are not likely to protect your stuff. Mine is rated at 1200 degrees for 45 minutes but house fires can get much hotter. My safe dealer advised me to get a small fireproof box to keep papers, passports, etc. Good idea I think.

Lab and Jab are correct. Gun safes are burglar proof......not fire proof. That shit on the side about 45 minutes at 1200 degrees means nothing.

Buy a small fireproof box for your papers and put in your gun safe.

I'v had a Liberty for 4 years. I think it is the Lincoln Model. It has the adjustable shelves. Unfortunately I've only got one side for long guns. The other has pistols, wife's jewelry, papers, ammo, videotape inventory for insurance purposes etc. I bought all I could afford and it's too small. Overall, I've been very happy ... it is a booger to move though.
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

I've got a Granite, learned the hard way also.

At the time I bought it they were the only people who were warranting their product against damage from fire or theft.

It's not real pretty but it gives me piece of mind.
    The only man to ever get all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.

I definatly agree with get the biggest you can stand.I bought a 36 gun Browning FN and wish I had gone much bigger.You will find that your guns like the dark away from prying female eyes and will begin to multiply accordingly.
    Trying to be the person my dog thinks I am.