Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stone Fire Pit VS Metal Fire Pit

I like a stone pit but ever since I converted the garage over we hardly ever went into the back yard anymore when we entertained.
    This metal pit works great and once cooled I put it back under the lean to out of the way. Also portable and have taken it to other friend's homes before for parties.

2354.jpg
    Last edited by scatter shot; 04-05-2017 at 05:08 PM.

this is my son's fire pit. shout out to Fuzzy for the free firewood.

fire pit.jpg
    Last edited by scatter shot; 04-05-2017 at 05:12 PM.

BIL's pit. Go big or go home.

IMG_20121231_170435.jpg

IMG_0684.JPG
    I have a tractor wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    I would like to get a grate made to cover the kettle to have a fire going, then throw the grate over it and grill steaks, etc.
    I cook on mine a good bit.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by jharkey View Post
    IMG_0684.JPG
    I have a tractor wheel
    I had really consider this option but could never get a wheel at least not for a price I think a used rim should cost. It is a very quick and portable solution. Anyone have a tractor wheel, I will put this to test before any construction. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    I had really consider this option but could never get a wheel at least not for a price I think a used rim should cost. It is a very quick and portable solution. Anyone have a tractor wheel, I will put this to test before any construction. MG
    How much you willing to pay for one? I can check with my in laws tomorrow and see what they have around their shop.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    How much you willing to pay for one? I can check with my in laws tomorrow and see what they have around their shop.
    $50 sound about right?. Someone told me to get two and have them welded together so I would buy two and that price if they have them. I have next week off so I would like to know something soon. Thanks, mG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    $50 sound about right?. Someone told me to get two and have them welded together so I would buy two and that price if they have them. I have next week off so I would like to know something soon. Thanks, mG
    I have no clue what they would be worth. Figured I would get a spending point from you and see if they have anything that they would let go for that. I will run by there some time tomorrow.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    I have no clue what they would be worth. Figured I would get a spending point from you and see if they have anything that they would let go for that. I will run by there some time tomorrow.
    I figurative a couple of bucks scrap if the have a bent wheel someone cannot otherwise use, then I think $50 seems fair. Hell I have four Toyota rims and I would sell them all for that and they are good to go. Thanks, MG
    Dum Spiro Spero