Thread: Blythewood Hunting Club

Default Blythewood Hunting Club

I hope I am posting this in the correct place, if not please forgive me.

Moved to Columbia about a year ago and I am looking for a hunting club to join. I have been hunting WMA and I am thinking about trying to join somewhere next year. Would anybody be willing to give their advice on places to look? I have heard of a few but don't have any firm details.

I have historically gun hunted but I am picking up bow hunting. Just looking for a decent place with good people. I have a few preferences on certain things but I realize nothing is perfect.

Thanks for any direction in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Cid13 View Post
    I hope I am posting this in the correct place, if not please forgive me.

Moved to Columbia about a year ago and I am looking for a hunting club to join. I have been hunting WMA and I am thinking about trying to join somewhere next year. Would anybody be willing to give their advice on places to look? I have heard of a few but don't have any firm details.

I have historically gun hunted but I am picking up bow hunting. Just looking for a decent place with good people. I have a few preferences on certain things but I realize nothing is perfect.

Thanks for any direction in advance!
    Make friends with people who hunt around here... That's your best bet. Most people aren't willing to let a complete stranger into a club worth being in.
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

I do not know too many people here in Blythewood. I work over off of St. Andrews so that doesn't help either.

Try piedmont hunt club. Think they have a website. The club is about 15 miles from Blythewood on Hwy 21. It's a big club with about 10,000 acrey

Thanks, Ill give them a search.

Piedmont had a lot of land, last I remember was around 10k acres. From what I've heard from folks I know that are members is that there usually aren't a lot of people there hunting
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Are the members you know pretty satisfied with the club?

Quote Originally Posted by Cid13 View Post
    Are the members you know pretty satisfied with the club?
    Far as I can tell. They ain't there much either I don't think, but when they are they say it isn't too crowded
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

That was my first concern when looking at their site. Thanks for the info though.

I belong to Morris Creek in Blythewood. About 2500 acres. Dues are reasonable and less than 20 people in the club.