Thread: MFD?

Default MFD?

Throwing around the idea of going from two 7" mfd's to one 9" or one 12". I currently have lowrance and I have no issue with the brand. Looking at simrad or garmin. What are your thoughts??
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

You should of got that 12" Simrad i had in the TP. One 9 is not that much different from one 9. You will be happier with the 2 7s than one 9.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    You should of got that 12" Simrad i had in the TP. One 9 is not that much different from one 9. You will be happier with the 2 7s than one 9.
    Rub it in alittle more GC.... I wanted that thing bad!

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

Sportin' Woodies

Buy a 12, leave room for a 7 and buy it down the road.

Another member here put it on the Hull Truth and it was gone in 5 minutes.
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

My brother has 2-7" Simrad on his Sportsman and it is the tits
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Buy two 12s. I fucking hate small screens.
    I have two 9s and am changing out to two 12s before spring
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    My dad switched his gen 2 9s to a pair of gen 3 12s a few months ago and it's definitely worth it. It makes a big difference if you are splitting the screens a lot while driving.

I have a Simrad 12" and a Garmin 742. I like my setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Give me a shout when you do if you are looking Simrad direction.

Ive got a Simrad NSS12 Evo and a Garmin 5210 on the Pursuit and love it. Had a single 15" on the Albemarle and absolutely hated it. It was the first big boat I ever owned with a single display, but went with it due to size constraints on the helm. I snatched it out with the quickness and put a Northstar 6000 and a Simrad NSS8 in its place and never looked back. Two smaller screens will be much more useful in my opinion than one large one. Biggest thing I noticed, was the processing power of machine. If you were overlaying radar, gps, engine info, down scan and sidescan transducers all at the same time, it took too long for the machine to "think".
    Last edited by FishSticker; 11-30-2016 at 11:57 AM.

Love my 12's. Check out BOE Marine on tht. I think they had a few nss12 remans for around $1000.

Quote Originally Posted by Reel Commotion View Post
    Love my 12's. Check out BOE Marine on tht. I think they had a few nss12 remans for around $1000.
    $1999

That's still a good deal with a year warranty especially if it has Navionics installed as it says it does and not Nautic Insight.
    Last edited by Goin Coastal; 11-30-2016 at 02:56 PM.

I don't have room for two 12's but do have room for two 9's. I have my 7's setup to run chart on one and sonar on the other. If I mark a spot on my sonar, I then have to manually enter the mark on the other b/c they aren't networked. I would network them if I was going to keep them but I'm look to add radar down the road and they won't do radar.

1 - 12" evo2 or 1 - 9" evo2's???

Sportin' Woodies

Guy i offshore fish with has 2 12in simrads in the console and they are extremely nice. Easy to use great detail and alot of features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sftull View Post
    I don't have room for two 12's but do have room for two 9's. I have my 7's setup to run chart on one and sonar on the other. If I mark a spot on my sonar, I then have to manually enter the mark on the other b/c they aren't networked. I would network them if I was going to keep them but I'm look to add radar down the road and they won't do radar.

1 - 12" evo2 or 1 - 9" evo2's???
    Two nines would handle any application.

I like the new Navionics/Lowrance program that for $99 per year I can get updates every day if I choose. They upload 2000 updates every day.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Nope, PM him on tht and $1099. Check it out in the Marine Electronics forum. I would be if I didnt have HDS12s already.

Also has HDS9 Gen 2 for $989
    NSS7 for $699

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    $1999

That's still a good deal with a year warranty especially if it has Navionics installed as it says it does and not Nautic Insight.