Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Something from above

Beautiful squirrel man, my condolences to you and your family.

Sorry about your loss
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

That's terrible about your dad. You have two beautiful little girls.

Very sorry about your father that's a hard one to stomach.

Congrats on the Fox Squirrel. You define what is a trophy for yourself, not anyone else. I can appreciate your outlook on the encounter.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

I don't shoot them anymore but I can't throw stones because I've mounted a couple in my lifetime. I had a solid black one mounted and one that looks like yours.

Please accept my most sincere condolences about your loss.

buncha wannabee meanies getting all soft....and you missed a lot of wonderful opportunities in this here thread. But I guess it proves a lot of you are good people. Threads like this are the ones that pop into my head when someone starts to bitching about this web site.

-nice squirrel. mount it. yada yada yada.

You ARE suffering from depression. You have every right to be. You described it perfectly. You lost your "go." You'll get it back somehow, someway. Everyone is different. You need to break the cycle. "Normal" will never be the same again and your dad got snatched from you and that aint fair. But get used to it. "Not fair" will happen again and you will be older, more mature, and possibly better equipped to handle it. For your girls, you have a newfound pressure of carrying on your father's legacy. You have a lot of different hats you have to wear now. Wash your hair first.

This, too, shall pass.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    buncha wannabee meanies getting all soft....and you missed a lot of wonderful opportunities in this here thread. But I guess it proves a lot of you are good people. Threads like this are the ones that pop into my head when someone starts to bitching about this web site.

You ARE suffering from depression. You have every right to be. You described it perfectly. You lost your "go." You'll get it back somehow, someway. Everyone is different. You need to break the cycle. "Normal" will never be the same again and your dad got snatched from you and that aint fair. But get used to it. "Not fair" will happen again and you will be older, more mature, and possibly better equipped to handle it. For your girls, you have a newfound pressure of carrying on your father's legacy. You have a lot of different hats you have to wear now. Wash your hair first.

This, too, shall pass.
    This advice coming from the soccer guy... You can't make this stuff up.
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

Pretty sound advice no matter what ball sport you pull for
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

what's soccer got to do with it?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I am very sorry to hear about your dad.

Do what the lawyer and dentist said.

I want fox squirrel mounts too.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Good stuff!
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town

Peace and healing for you. You're on your way now.
    Hunting outside the box

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    I know exactly how you feel.

Just make sure you don't make the same mistakes your daddy did and don't let those little girls forget their grandad.

Cool squirrel. Do what JP said.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post

This, too, shall pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by justpracticin View Post
    This advice coming from the soccer guy... You can't make this stuff up.
    The gum gardener speaks the truth and didn't sugar coat a thing.

Turbo speaks the truth as well.

It sucks a lot, it's not fun, it's part of life, you'll heal and move ahead with your life but every so often you'll be reminded that your dad is watching you. That fox squirrel is your first reminder.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Hate to hear about your pops, good on you for getting back after it.

DUCKMAN is offline Moderator - Traveling Duck Assasin

Thoughts and prayers! Beautiful animal!
    DUCKMAN<br /><br />\"If you love waterfowl - support DU and the Flyway Foundation!!\"

Some solid advice in here, and a good looking fox squirrel for sure. Good work and stay strong.

I took nothing as disrespect, and have taken alot of things to think about from this thread. I appreciate the hell out of all of your thoughts. I know life is cruel. I'm 31y/o. I've been a right bk amputee since I was 14. Those that know me on a personal level would i think for the most part, say im a easy going upbeat humble fella. I knew it was coming, he was 65 yo. You just always think your going to have that goodbye time. Doesn't always play out like you think in your head. Also, the perp only took dui, not felony dui. So fighting that now of course. Basically saying my dad was walking in perps lane with his back to traffic. It's easy to look on the outside in, and think a man is greiving. It's another thing when the system hasn't fully failed you yet, but has already started that process. I can't speak of all the details yet of course, but I'm ready for a fight if they are, and sitting on a royal flush.
    Last edited by vdubbinya; 10-12-2016 at 10:12 PM.

Condolences on your loss. The year after I lost my dad, I went hunting on the anniversary of his passing. I was new to the club and sat in a stand I'd never sat. Only thing killed out of itnormally was hogs. I got up in the stand mostly to just sit and remember. I'd been in the stand 15-20 minutes and a 10pt walked out. Me and dad shot that deer that night. I know what you're saying.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

So sorry for your loss. I couldn't imiagine.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Sorry to hear about your pops.