Thread: Something from above

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Something from above

Well, I wasn't going to post this, as I figured most would just flame me anyhow. Maybe with a little back story, I won't take as big a hit. My father was killed by a drunk driver September 6th, walking from his treestand to his truck, which was a Tuesday. I helped him put that stand up monday. This has been, the roughest time in my life. I've gone through my fair share, as most of you have. The what ifs are there, but I'm glad I got to spend that last day with him. I'm not a real emotional fella, but going back to that stand was the best thing I could have done, as it broke me down seeing the fresh branches we broke, fresh tire marks, the whole experience. Now, as a young man, all the old timers always had a fox squirrel mounted. I always wanted one. I JUST went to my cousins house, saw the one he mounted, had a conversation saying how all the time I've spent in the woods, I've never seen one. I've only seen one in my life, crossing the road with my wife couple years back, I turned around just to get a good look at it/have the experience with her. After Hurricane matthew I guess it pushed this guy out, he was in my back yard, headed to the front. Didn't even get to hunt him, saw him by chance through a side window I never look out. Shot him off the front porch, kind of a gay hunting story but that's how it played out. It's a hell of a Squirrel, I'm proud of it, proud to have it as a trophy. My father would be bitching I shot it. I'd do it again. I kind of think he sent it to me. =D

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Sorry if I look like I haven't showered in two days, as I hadn't at that point, didn't have power for almost 4 days ha
    Just give me a good Killin, pine island.
    Last edited by vdubbinya; 10-12-2016 at 02:36 AM.