Thread: Chesapeake male free to good home

Default Chesapeake male free to good home

My neighbor has a one-year old (intact) Chessie (Cypress) that they have decided to give to a good home. Not registered, no papers, I would guess about 85 to 90 pounds.Both of their kids made travel ball teams and they are not able to get him out of their back yard as often as they had hoped.

Good disposition, loves to swim in their back yard swimming pool. He's not trained, but instinctively runs out and picks up canvas dummy, tennis ball and often returns it to the thrower.

I might have taken this dog myself if he had been available a few months ago....but I'm working with my new puppy now.

PM me if interested and I will hook you up with the owners (good folks, by the way). I will post some pictures after supper if I can figure out how to do it!
    That the Tiger's roar may echo.....

Pm sent.

Another Pm sent.
    Genesis 9;2

Cypress is being "rehomed" to a retired couple (non-hunters) near Hickory, NC. I had hoped that he might go to a duck hunter, but these are great people who live on a five-acre homesite. Cypress will have a good life.

Thanks to everyone who responded and offered information on contacts who might be interested!

If mine don't quit pissing on everything in site, breaking into garbage, and eating all my Gulp baits he may soon be "free to a good home as well!"
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    If mine don't quit pissing on everything in site, breaking into garbage, and eating all my Gulp baits he may soon be "free to a good home as well!"

Mine is 11 this year, that fucker still pisses on everything I own. He pissed on my sons toys, my truck, the house, porch furniture, the grill, the side of the shop, bushes, trees, limbs that have fallen in the yard, my sister in laws leg and the list goes on....

He pisses on his food bowl, in his water bucket and in his house.

I threaten to give his ass away every single day.........I think my neighbors must think I'm the worst pet owner ever as the words that come out of my mouth are not really nice and often times very loud.

How in the hell did I miss this. I have been teetering on getting another one, almost did last week but wanted to have a male as opposed to female so I wouldn't have to fix the dog I have now

Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Mine is 11 this year, that fucker still pisses on everything I own. He pissed on my sons toys, my truck, the house, porch furniture, the grill, the side of the shop, bushes, trees, limbs that have fallen in the yard, my sister in laws leg and the list goes on....

I threaten to give his ass away every single day.........I think my neighbors must think I'm the worst pet owner ever as the words that come out of my mouth are not really nice and often times very loud.
    are you sure that we don't own the same dog?
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    are you sure that we don't own the same dog?
    I can't believe his dog is 11, time flys. We were sitting on the porch of our cabin when Woodie and Chess showed up. He, not Chess walked right up the steps and pissed on my cousins leg. Ha, I felt bad, for Chess.

Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post

he still got his nuts?
    Never confuse enthusiasm for capability

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I can't believe his dog is 11, time flys. We were sitting on the porch of our cabin when Woodie and Chess showed up. He, not Chess walked right up the steps and pissed on my cousins leg. Ha, I felt bad, for Chess.
    ha, I forgot about that.......add pissing on Dan's leg to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by abarill View Post
    he still got his nuts?
    Yep.

Baydog - PM sent.