Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How Old???

Please just move the stand and give us a update so i can quit looking at the stand and actually focus on the deer.

I didn't not move the stand this weekend. Sat it Saturday Morning, afternoon and Sunday morning saw 17 deer 16 does and 1 small four point. None of them saw me...

Big Boy was a no show so far

That's because he saw you!!

I hope you kill that deer. I wouldn't over-hunt that stand in the process however. Three times in a weekend is a lot of scent being dispersed and a lot of chances for him to just disappear.
    Carolina Counsel

Pressure is a helluva thing..

Doesn't matter how old you let them get, if you apply pressure, they apply the haul ass..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

I've got a couple successful stands with no cover but they are good because they aren't backlit. You can have all kinds of cover in front of you but if you're backlit, the deer is more likely to see you in dim light. You need to pick the right tree while you're standing where you expect the deer to be standing when you draw.

Do you mean they ARE backlit? As in the sun is behind you? Not bein smart, serious question.

I do not like to be backlit. I prefer to have leaves and limbs behind me so that I don't stand out against the bright sky like a mule deer standing on a ridgeline.

I hunt early and late, not midday so it's not really a matter of having the sun behind me. Even in midday, if you have the sun at your back with no cover, you have a shadow that can get you busted.

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    Any other ideas about how to hide the stand a little better??? I don't want to spend to much time in the area unless im hunting but moving it would be the best idea i guess.

I go higher up that same tree, up to that Y.