Thread: Nother bote dealership knocked over

Default Nother bote dealership knocked over

Thieves hit another Midlands boat dealer
    Jack Kuenzie
    Sep 26, 2016 01:44 PM
    IRMO, SC (WIS) - An Irmo boat dealership is the latest target of a sophisticated marine motor theft operation.

Owners of Carolina Inboard say a group of burglars cut through a fence and defeated security equipment before stealing seven expensive Yamaha motors and electronic consoles from three boats.

Co-owner Lauren Evans says the break-in began Saturday night and the suspects may have been on the dealership property on Bickley Road for as long as five hours.

Evans says the thieves broke the clutch line on a truck blocking an entrance so they could roll it out of their way. She says security cameras were recording until about 8:00 p.m. when someone cut the cables to them.

Evans says losses are estimated at between $150,000 to $200,000.

The thefts follow break-ins discovered in March at boating and marine supply stores in West Columbia and Leesville.

Losses in those locations also ran into the hundreds of thousands of dollars.

In both cases, at Mid-Carolina Marine in West Columbia and Captains Choice Marine in Leesville, thieves took only Yamaha motors.

If you have any information that could help investigators make an arrest, contact Crimestoppers in any of the following ways: Call 1-888-CRIME SC (888-274-6372), Text TIPSC plus your tip info to CRIMES (274637), visit www.midlandscrimestoppers.com and email a tip. Your identity will be kept anonymous, and if your tip leads to an arrest, you could be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1,000.

Copyright 2016 WIS. All rights reserved.

Shit is rampant!!

I suspect those engines are in Florida on the way to the Bahamas right now.
    DILLIGAF

Someone's building a drug bote
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

In a shipping container heading to Australia if I had to guess.
    Just sold a boat to an Aussie who wired me the funds with no paper work needed. Dropped the boat off in Savannah and was put into a shipping container with out asking any questions. The only thing that was inspected was to make sure it was clean and clear of any plant life....

They must be leaving the USA because if would be impossible to register them here. It's a pain in the ass even when you have a good title, bill of sale, etc!

Saw the police (and fire truck) there when I rode by yesterday. Ol boy had a SLR out taking pictures so I figured something big had happened. They're tucked back in the woods and right off I26 so I guess it's a good spot to make a hit.

NC or GA, no title required. Those motors will be leaving Oregon Inlet before long.

They were a lot safer at the marina, sucks for them.

Those things will be pushing kilos soon for sure

Dudes knew their shit. They were there a long time. Pre cut gate for entering. Took the truck apart to roll it out the way from gate.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

I have long since said that Yamaha should use all of the news photos from the Somali pirates. They are in small open boats with a single Yamaha in offshore waters. I mean "if you can only have one motor..." Would be a great tagline. It is so prevalent that now my wife remarks about it. Seriously though, this theft is B'S, too sophisticated not be part of a very large organization. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Professionals

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I believe if I had a marina I'd have a few texting cameras up real high around my business that only worked at night.