Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Herbstreit

How about 63-17 by your rival. On national TV. Remember what willy Brice looked like before half time? Orange. It was almost as hilarious as the citadel last yr.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    YA THINK?
    Wofford 5-6
    Georgia Tech 3-9
    Boston College 3-9
    NC State 7-6
    Syracuse 4-8
    Wake Forest 3-9
    The UNIVERSITY OF SC 3-9............let's not under estimate the 5 point victory over the shittiest Gamecocks who were without a head coach.
    Oh, lets not forget APP State stood in the way also.
    Wow. I wonder why Louisville (8-5 and beat Texas A&M), Notre Dame (8-5 and beat LSU), Miami (8-5),Florida State (10-3), North Carolina (11-3, also undefeated in the ACC) or Oklahoma (11-2) are never mentioned when you try to say Clemson didn't play a real team? And as I remember, the 5 point victory against USC was attained with the 3rd string. I think the only people that didn't play for Clemson in Columbia was the water boy and 2 cheerleaders.

I remember the USC "home game" at LSU last year b/c of the floods here in SC. It was a nice gesture by LSU that allowed USC to play a "home game" in Baton Rouge since Columbia was really sucking wind with the flooding. I was in Baton Rouge on business and an LSU friend invited me to the game. I was surprised at the absence of championship banners in LSU's stadium, knowing they had won many SEC and national championships. I asked my friend about it and he said, "We took them down so USC would really feel at home..."

Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by LC17 View Post
    I remember the USC "home game" at LSU last year b/c of the floods here in SC. It was a nice gesture by LSU that allowed USC to play a "home game" in Baton Rouge since Columbia was really sucking wind with the flooding. I was in Baton Rouge on business and an LSU friend invited me to the game. I was surprised at the absence of championship banners in LSU's stadium, knowing they had won many SEC and national championships. I asked my friend about it and he said, "We took them down so USC would really feel at home..."
    That was a whole lot of typing for a pretty crappy joke..

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    How about 63-17 by your rival. On national TV. Remember what willy Brice looked like before half time? Orange. It was almost as hilarious as the citadel last yr.
    That's a good point, what was worse, Citadel, 63-17 or Navy? There's so many from that laughing stock in Columbia it is diffcult to chose; my personal favorite is Kentucky win after the Bama trap game, Jojo or whatever from Kentucky pounding them is classic but Watson beating them on one leg it makes the choice even more diffcult to decide. One thing is for sure, Clemson has the most comical fanbase in the nation. The quitter fathead solidifies that for decades. Tigers are blessed with the coots until it comes to RPI then they need a competitive revival. The Muschamp hire hurt Clemson. Too bad Herman was waiting on a football school to call.

Citadel was the worse. I hope ECU19whatever has some good meds for the season of another frustration and dumpster fire's. It would suck to be a cockluver, was that a pun. BAWAAAAAA
    Last edited by DRDUCK; 08-22-2016 at 09:11 PM.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Sakkerliner and Jawja fans sure do have a bad case of the red ass.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I just wanted to drop in and say congratulations on the 2016 NC win.
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 08-23-2016 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose843 View Post
    And as I remember, the 5 point victory against USC was attained with the 3rd string.
    Well then, your memory is shit, Watson didn't even come out until 5 1/2 left in the game. Its your story, tell it how you like though. Shitty Syracuse gave you guys all you could handle and ND was without 6 starters when you played them at home. Enjoy it though, your 15 minutes of being on top of the ACC is almost up.
    You should be embarrassed to mention UNC being undefeated in the ACC cause you just made my point even stronger. The shitty 3-9 SEC Gamecocks beat them and they played you for the ACC Championship......that's fuckin Clembarrasing in itself
    Last edited by ecu1984; 08-22-2016 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    That's a good point, what was worse, Citadel, 63-17 or Navy? There's so many from that laughing stock in Columbia it is diffcult to chose; my personal favorite is Kentucky win after the Bama trap game, Jojo or whatever from Kentucky pounding them is classic but Watson beating them on one leg it makes the choice even more diffcult to decide. One thing is for sure, Clemson has the most comical fanbase in the nation. The quitter fathead solidifies that for decades. Tigers are blessed with the coots until it comes to RPI then they need a competitive revival. The Muschamp hire hurt Clemson. Too bad Herman was waiting on a football school to call.
    My all time favorite Climp5ining was the FSU game where FSU played their backup McQuire cause the Crab leg thief was suspended. McQuire hadn't ever taken a snap in a college game and was horrible but the choke on the big stage came thru as usual. Oh the Climp5in'n stories we could sit around and tell for days.
    Oh, and it was your boy Herbstreit that coined the phrase "West Virginia just scored again" and again and again and oh well, you know the rest
    Last edited by ecu1984; 08-22-2016 at 10:27 PM.

I hope Clemson wins national title this year...maybe upon moving, employers will actually know what Clemson is when my wife interviews this time.
    Last edited by Dawhoo; 08-22-2016 at 10:43 PM.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Dawhoo View Post
    I hope Clemson wins national title this year...maybe upon moving, employers will actually know what Clemson is when my wife interviews this time.
    That made me chuckle out loud

Quote Originally Posted by Dawhoo View Post

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

you guys will bite a whopperplopper. gemini crickets....fans of a 15-1 team finishing the season ranked #2 after playing for a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP arguing with fans from a 3-9 team that was flogged by The Citadel, and had the term decootment named after a team that had been spurriered. You should be ashamed. Catdaddy, you think they will eat a helicopter lure next?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

They definitely have the team to do it, no question about that. The only question is luck. Despite talent, it takes a lot to win one of these things and you have to wonder if last year, the way many things fell into place for them, if it wasn't their year. If you believe in the NCAA and major TVs desire for money, and various conspiracy theories, one has to wonder if they want Clemson back in the final four. One has to think having Ohio State, Michigan, Oklahoma, Stanford, and/or even Notre Dame in the mix would be a financial boon for them. I think the final four is a definite for them however as long as there's no slip up along the way. Any team that has Watson as the trigger man is a leg up on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Raid View Post
    They definitely have the team to do it, no question about that. The only question is luck. Despite talent, it takes a lot to win one of these things and you have to wonder if last year, the way many things fell into place for them, if it wasn't their year. If you believe in the NCAA and major TVs desire for money, and various conspiracy theories, one has to wonder if they want Clemson back in the final four. One has to think having Ohio State, Michigan, Oklahoma, Stanford, and/or even Notre Dame in the mix would be a financial boon for them. I think the final four is a definite for them however as long as there's no slip up along the way. Any team that has Watson as the trigger man is a leg up on the field.
    since when did you start making comments with common sense? That is really an accurate and intelligent comment Raid. And I agree, the chance of them going undefeated is very, very slim. The number of teams that have completed regular seasons undefeated in back to back years is minuscule. I give them an 18% chance

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
    since when did you start making comments with common sense? That is really an accurate and intelligent comment Raid. And I agree, the chance of them going undefeated is very, very slim. The number of teams that have completed regular seasons undefeated in back to back years is minuscule. I give them an 18% chance
    Well hey even a blind squirrel finds a nut here and there.

This was WAAAY bigger than a blind squirrel. This was a rational thought process....previously considered unattainable... unprecedented in the sports forum. well said

Starting #2 Clemson could lose one game on the road and still make the playoffs as long as they beat FSU and win the ACC.