Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arkansas Help

Default Arkansas Help

So I'm stationed out in Illinois and have a buddy at Little rock. We are looking at doing a self guided hunt pit or timber, any good suggestions. Thanks
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Well you are the duck commander, so you should do just fine.
    Last edited by 12341234; 08-24-2016 at 04:09 PM.
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

By self guided I mean pay for a daily pit blind.
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”

Quote Originally Posted by 12341234 View Post
    Well you are the duck commander, so you should do just fine.
    Ha I made this stupid account when I was 14, today I am ashamed of it

Since you're in the AF now, have you ridden on a 727? That's a big ole jet liner.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Since you're in the AF now, have you ridden on a 727? That's a big ole jet liner.
    Ha! I haven't rode any AF planes. Only civilian ones. Even when I deployed we flew a civilian plane

I'd sooner give up info about sc duck spots
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

So my post came out completely wrong , I don't want public spots. Looking for places to rent a pit blind or anything daily. I do not condone cyber scouting, I'm not an idiot.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by duckcommander727 View Post
    So my post came out completely wrong , I don't want public spots. Looking for places to rent a pit blind or anything daily. I do not condone cyber scouting, I'm not an idiot.

Any pit worth a shit will have a guide leasing it all year. Be very very cautious renting a blind or pit. Most times you're better off hunting public land
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Any pit worth a shit will have a guide leasing it all year. Be very very cautious renting a blind or pit. Most times you're better off hunting public land

Solid advice. I rented a pit one year. Lesson learned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I've got an Illinois contact..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Tony Toldeo
    1-843-761-1111

Seriously if you are in LA there isn't a snowballs chance in hell I'd drive to AR to kill ducks. I can think of about 70 places closer to you that would be way better/less crowded.

Tony should be a site sponsor with you toot'n his horn so much.
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    Tony Toldeo
    1-843-761-1111
    I knew that was coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Seriously if you are in LA there isn't a snowballs chance in hell I'd drive to AR to kill ducks. I can think of about 70 places closer to you that would be way better/less crowded.
    If I was in LA I wouldn't bother with going to Arkansas. But I'm in illinois

Yea I meant IL. Typo

All good, I've hunted illinois, Missouri. Kansas. Never been to Arkansas, trying to see options. Also have a hunt lined up in Kansas near the beginning of the season.

As griffin said...don't waste your money on some dirtneck renting pits by the day. Hell, a lot of the yearly leases aren't very good for that matter. Public is public. Find the birds, kill the birds.

I really have a contact for Illinois... I'll find it and forward it.. I wouldn't drive through Missouri to get to Arkansas..

At least while the season is still in..

Camo, mind your business..

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    I really have a contact for Illinois... I'll find it and forward it.. I wouldn't drive through Missouri to get to Arkansas..

At least while the season is still in..

Camo, mind your business..
    Ten 4, thanks boss