Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NOMAD turkey episode

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    You sir will soon join us in the 10th legion. Be ready to take lots of pics with mini bottles.
    Multiple shots of Wild Turkey 101 were consumed in the making of this television show.
    "I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"
    - Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by murraywader View Post
    Is that a 4k video?
    This is the camera that was used this season:

http://www.red.com/products/weapon-d...FYYjgQod-JECOQ
    "I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"

Quote Originally Posted by joshua2 View Post
    When do the DVDs hit the shelves? That's gonna be on the playlist for a preseason primer.
    Not doing a DVD, just a tv show to help promote our apparel brand. We aren't making money on this show and don't have any sponsors, it is purely to market the Nomad brand. With that being said, I'm sure I can get you a copy on a disc if you want one.

Glad he finally learned how to use that box call
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    We also learned that when recording with a RED in slow motion, it records sound in slow motion. The first video our producer leaked for The Outdoor Channel's website had the slow motion sound of a box call and it sounded horrendous. Our producer is a world class cameraman and editor, but is somewhat new to hunting. As soon as Tussey and I saw it, we had it removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    Did you also notice he didn't call to the gobbler in the tree?

You've got one life. Blaze on!

this thread has potential....

Good stuff, Hart. Its hard to appreciate all that goes into making the show.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    Did you also notice he didn't call to the gobbler in the tree?

They just left that part out. Don't want to give away too many secrets

Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    did i just watch him whack a jake?

No. Wrong show, that was a show called "Cut en that Ass in Nebraska"

Quote Originally Posted by britton40 View Post

Amazing video quality. Watched the full video. The double was awesome! Keep up the good work

Awesome video Hart! Tell them to drop the music more for kill shots and calling. Feels like you are watching a show on Nat Geo with the music and narrator. And please don't encourage the use of fans and full strut decoys!

Quote Originally Posted by HartClemson99 View Post
    Good catch! Interesting story behind the first kill (the Osceola). The cameraman was using a RED Weapon camera and was almost shoulder to shoulder with the shooter. I was one tree over witnessing it happen. Apparently the RED cameras are so sensitive, it cut off at the muzzle blast (thus we didn't air the kill shot). If you watch you will see the bird moving and then flopping but not the kill. The camera cut off for one second at the muzzle blast. We had to recreate the shot and with his second shell the muzzle blast cut it off again. On the third shell (his last shell), the camera man backed up far enough and zoomed in and it worked. Our cameraman got on the phone with the RED company and figured out the problem. That Osceola was our first hunt and it was a learning process for us as well as the camera manufacturer that designs their cameras for movie sets, not hunting shows!

Hunting with a camera can make for some difficult hunts. In Canada, my buddy Tussey who was filmed had several shots he could not take because the camera was not on the bird, etc. After this season witnessing what it takes to make a hunting show, I have no desire what so-ever to record my hunts for television.
    never would have guessed that scenario
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by HartClemson99 View Post
    Good catch! Interesting story behind the first kill (the Osceola). The cameraman was using a RED Weapon camera and was almost shoulder to shoulder with the shooter. I was one tree over witnessing it happen. Apparently the RED cameras are so sensitive, it cut off at the muzzle blast (thus we didn't air the kill shot). If you watch you will see the bird moving and then flopping but not the kill. The camera cut off for one second at the muzzle blast. We had to recreate the shot and with his second shell the muzzle blast cut it off again. On the third shell (his last shell), the camera man backed up far enough and zoomed in and it worked. Our cameraman got on the phone with the RED company and figured out the problem. That Osceola was our first hunt and it was a learning process for us as well as the camera manufacturer that designs their cameras for movie sets, not hunting shows!

Hunting with a camera can make for some difficult hunts. In Canada, my buddy Tussey who was filmed had several shots he could not take because the camera was not on the bird, etc. After this season witnessing what it takes to make a hunting show, I have no desire what so-ever to record my hunts for television.
    I wish Ida known you needed some footage of an Osceola kill, I could a helped you out! You wouldn't even have had to get out of the truck!

Yeah. Y'all would hate me as a pro staffer. In frame or not, I'm pulling the trigger. Calling in turkeys is too hard to let one walk for any reason.

Quote Originally Posted by holdin down the fort View Post
    And please don't encourage the use of fans and full strut decoys!
    I knew that dumb shit was coming sooner or later......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Yeah. Y'all would hate me as a pro staffer. In frame or not, I'm pulling the trigger. Calling in turkeys is too hard to let one walk for any reason.
    I will second that, I hurt the feelings of one cameraman this spring in Montana. The bird stepped out at 57 yards, he wasn't on camera and I made him flop. I would do it again.

Plus if I tried to walk real slow like that for an entire day I'd probably fall down a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by britton40 View Post
    Bwahhahahahahahhahaha!!!!!!

Hey!!!!! There's a _ _ _ coming!
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

I'm sorry....but if I go turkey hunting with labluvr and he has those NOMAD pants on with the knee pads, i'm getting the fuck out of there.
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 07-27-2016 at 06:45 AM.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.