Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: boat ramp fishing

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    I agree with you, for once, .

Most people are courteous if you're not an asshole about them being there. There were a couple of old black ladies fishing off the dock when I pulled up to take out a couple weeks ago. I had a 25# catfish in the cooler that I didnt want to clean so I asked them if they wanted it. "When I lifted it up out of the cooler she said, "Wooooooooo chile, ima make me a big ole stew outta dat one". Made her day and mine.

If I may be stereotypical for a minute, the only bad experiences I've had were with toothless, meth head white trash that let their offspring swim around the ramp and wont get the hell out of the way. Fuck them......
    Yep. I usually give em a fish once in a while myself. In 20 some odd years of fishing the lakes and coast, I've never had an issue.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

How can you tell who's doing the cooking at a fish fry? Look for the dude holding a beer that looks like it came from a bakery!
    Last edited by Cottontop74; 05-04-2016 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    This is why I hate large "fish frys". They cook too many at a time, and let them sit on top of each other and they get steamed and don't stay crispy. Id rather eat oatmeal.......
    When people get sloppy, food gets sloppy. I ain't got time for no sloppy fish. I take a a couple beer flats home, that's the trick. Heck, I have to keep like ten of them put away for a guy's father on here. They're basically free and disposable. I'll only stack four or five whole bream in one, bream cocked up against the side, the flat is filled with a paper towel. It's all in the prep, but honestly I don't fry for more than like five or ten people.

If you use anything other than a grocery sack to batter your fish, you must be a Yankee.

I don't batter. It's a wash straight to dry ingredients. You talking about a full batter, like the way fish and vinegar people do it, cod fish eaters.

I'm talking bout house autry medium hot, in a grocery sack, add fish, shake bag, pull fish out, shake a time or two to get any extra batter off, then into the grease!

If you "cook it with love" and got half a brain it aint a problem to fry up a large batch of filets and have it turn out perfect.
    We do it 4-5 times a year for groups of 15-25 people.

Mostly large mouth bass.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    If you "cook it with love" and got half a brain it aint a problem to fry up a large batch of filets and have it turn out perfect.
    We do it 4-5 times a year for groups of 15-25 people.

Mostly large mouth bass.
    Sinner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I'm talking bout house autry medium hot, in a grocery sack, add fish, shake bag, pull fish out, shake a time or two to get any extra batter off, then into the grease!
    I use a fancy contraption from Academy. Batters the hell outta them using the same batter quoted.

Good stuff!

Ralph, I need to see about a beer flat, or 4.

Posted from Samsung S7 Edge via TapaTalk.

I am all for someone finding anywhere and by any means legal. I sure as hell would have been in trouble back in the day if I couldn't have fished from a public dock or ramp.

i have been pan frying mine in this coconut oil the wife bought. cooks a good enough fish to eat as i have ever had.

agree with ralph...wash and straight to the dry mix in a brown paper bag.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Quote Originally Posted by GBelly View Post
    i have been pan frying mine in this coconut oil the wife bought. cooks a good enough fish to eat as i have ever had.

agree with ralph...wash and straight to the dry mix in a brown paper bag.
    This is 2016. Where the hell do you get brown paper bags from these days? Most people have just kept up with the times and have converted to shaking in plastic. Walmart, Bilo, piggly wiggly, etc. they all work just fine.
    Last edited by Cottontop74; 05-04-2016 at 01:37 PM.

I buy three sizes of plastic bags at my stores, plus a pint and a half gallon paper bag.. I get my large paper bags from a meat market. I use those for doves. Storing doves from the field to the fridge in plastic is gross.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 05-04-2016 at 01:45 PM.

Oh and, hey G

What's up

Hey G! What up ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I buy three sizes of plastic bags at my stores, plus a pint and a half gallon paper bag.. I get my large paper bags from a meat market. I use those for doves. Storing doves from the field to the fridge in plastic is gross.
    My doves stay in my dove bucket with ice and empty beer cans until I get home to clean them. The putting in and taking out really balances itself during a dove hunt. When I first get to my spot, my styrofoam lined bucket is full of ice and natty lights. As the hunt progresses and I kill birds, my beer count gets lower. I'm almost always on my last beer when I get my limit. Doves stay cool.

My doves stay in my dove bucket with ice and empty beer cans until I get home to clean them. The putting in and taking out really balances itself during a dove hunt. When I first get to my spot, my styrofoam lined bucket is full of ice and natty lights. As the hunt progresses and I kill birds, my beer count gets lower. I'm almost always on my last beer when I get my limit. Doves stay cool.
    Cottontop+alcohol+gun=Terrifying

If anyone is thinking about sending me an invite to a dove hunt, keep this in mind. I don't do anything but go to work and church without cold beer. If you don't like people partaking in adult beverages on your field, do not invite me. I damn sure ain't sitting in no deer stand in the afternoon without a nice big toddy either!

If anyone is thinking about sending me an invite to a dove hunt...
    I don't think you'll have that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetch View Post
    I don't think you'll have that problem.

Posted from Samsung S7 Edge via TapaTalk.