Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: boat ramp fishing

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Good list, but I'd put Boykins and Yankees at 2 and 2A......
    I wrestled with that long and hard man
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    99% sure you saw satan himself. You ain't living right. Repent now
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

If y'all see me coming you better get out of my way fast!!! And to hell with no
    wake zones!!

When I'm in my duck boat all you rubbaheads best keep your distance!

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Here you go Merg...

Talking about ramps the water is climbing up mine. I'm about to hop in this thing and get my tan on..

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Highstrung; 05-03-2016 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    They should build a jet ski, jon boat, kayak - 2 lane launch away from the main ramp at Remley's.
    I hate this ramp in the summer.

And you forgot to add a ramp for sailboats
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Here you go Merg...

Talking about ramps the water is climbing up mine. I'm about to hop in this thing and get my tan on..
    I hear ya HS.

I'm looking at getting me one of these sporty ones for picking up suntanned tail. This thing will be dropping bikini bottoms, kno dat!

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I must be SLIPPIN cause I forgot to mention the NEW RICH boy shit of WAKEBOATS that put up an 3/foot WAVE into your SHORELINE and |DOCKS. FUCK THEM and I see LAWSUIT'S on the way as you ARE responsible for your wake. 100/K for a wakeboat? God Help Us.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    100/K for a wakeboat? God Help Us.
    Damn

That's almost as crazy as paying $5,000 for an old Ford pickup. I bet all them people that own a wake boat are voting for Trump.

I've looked all over the SCDNR website and can't find where it's illegal to fish off public ramps. This ramp had about 6 family members with chairs tackle boxes minnow buckets and coolers along the entire thing.i literally couldn't get my bass bass boat to the dock. I had to pull it up on the clay bank and then get my trailer. l never seen such nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    Interestingly enough, the poster who started this thread is a spot-dropping, internet badass kayaker that likely backs his SUV down the ramp to unload his $1200 kayak.
    I have a yak but prefer my bass boat and drive a truck ..u know nothing so shut ur pie hole
    Last edited by barnabus; 05-03-2016 at 09:51 PM.

People need to respect the glitter!!!!
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Come on man keep track of the list
    1 - midgets
    2 - Yankees
    3 - Boykins
    4 - kayaks/SUPs
    5 - Dried out bass
    why don't you like dried out bass?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    why don't you like dried out bass?
    Because I don't suck dick

Quote Originally Posted by barnabus View Post
    I've looked all over the SCDNR website and can't find where it's illegal to fish off public ramps. This ramp had about 6 family members with chairs tackle boxes minnow buckets and coolers along the entire thing.i literally couldn't get my bass bass boat to the dock. I had to pull it up on the clay bank and then get my trailer. l never seen such nonsense.
    It's an everyday occurrence down here to the lowcountry.
    From Lowfalls all the way to Turnbridge, The 5gal bucket brigade.
    We don't get worked up about it, and I certainly would never run my boat up any clay bank. Down here we simply point our boat towards the dock. The sweet cane-polers and crab trappers know the drill, they just move when a boat approaches.

It's actually a pretty pleasant experience. Once in a while they ask for one of my live baits. I usually oblige.

Don't let life get you all worked up.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

All kidding aside I fish a area several nights a week that's always loaded with dock fishermen. Never had a single experience contrary to what bog talked about. Sometimes I wonder if you guys attempt to communicate with these fokes or if you just shoot dirty looks and batch about them on the internet

I have seen posted signs on some of the ramps here in Charleston that say boaters have priority use of dock and ramp as well as boaters have a thirty minute time limit. Most of these same ramps have separate docks built for the land crowd as well I guess to help eliminate this issue. I can't say I've ever had an issue getting to the ramp or dock but I also leave early and come back late.

I found it's hard to dry out fish in peanut oil. Now, when it comes to frying you need to have the oil hot enough that the fish doesn't absorb the oil, low temps and over crowding correlates to greasy fish.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    It's an everyday occurrence down here to the lowcountry.
    From Lowfalls all the way to Turnbridge, The 5gal bucket brigade.
    We don't get worked up about it, and I certainly would never run my boat up any clay bank. Down here we simply point our boat towards the dock. The sweet cane-polers and crab trappers know the drill, they just move when a boat approaches.

It's actually a pretty pleasant experience. Once in a while they ask for one of my live baits. I usually oblige.

Don't let life get you all worked up.

I agree with you, for once, .

Most people are courteous if you're not an asshole about them being there. There were a couple of old black ladies fishing off the dock when I pulled up to take out a couple weeks ago. I had a 25# catfish in the cooler that I didnt want to clean so I asked them if they wanted it. "When I lifted it up out of the cooler she said, "Wooooooooo chile, ima make me a big ole stew outta dat one". Made her day and mine.

If I may be stereotypical for a minute, the only bad experiences I've had were with toothless, meth head white trash that let their offspring swim around the ramp and wont get the hell out of the way. Fuck them......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I found it's hard to dry out fish in peanut oil. Now, when it comes to frying you need to have the oil hot enough that the fish doesn't absorb the oil, low temps and over crowding correlates to greasy fish.
    You know you are frying on the perfect temp when the fish skins get air bubbles under them.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    This is why I hate large "fish frys". They cook too many at a time, and let them sit on top of each other and they get steamed and don't stay crispy. Id rather eat oatmeal.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.