Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: boat ramp fishing

Default boat ramp fishing

is it legal for people to fish off the boat dock at ramps owned by scdnr.i went to wylie the other day and couldnt get on my boat for all the rednecks fishing on the dock.

I don't know, but it is aggravating as fuck if you're trying to put in or take out. Pretty sure it depends on the ramp though. I try not to use the ones that are popular with the cane pole crowd......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

The illegal ones have signs; otherwise, I think it's perfectly legal (though it shouldn't be).

You need to go to the head of Robinson on a Saturday afternoon and checkout the boat ramp swimming crowd. You ain't seen redneck until you've seen that. Fuckers won't move for shit.
    Last edited by Cdnredneck; 05-02-2016 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdnredneck View Post
    You need to go to the head of Robinson on a Saturday afternoon and checkout the boat ramp swimming crowd. You ain't seen redneck until you've seen that. Fuckers won't move for shit.
    Oh they will move. You just haven't figured out the right way to do it yet.

Elitist mother fuckers. First I can't ride my bike on a public road now you don't want me fishing from a public ramp just because I have a bucket and a cane pole instead of a boat. Dammit.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    The illegal ones have signs; otherwise, I think it's perfectly legal (though it shouldn't be).
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    Why?
    Because they are "boat ramps" and not fishing docks.

Rosewood on the congaree is the same way...since they shut cayce boat landing down, there are an ass of them goober dicks down there every weekend. And they look at you crazy when you try to dock your boat...psshh...

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    Because they are "boat ramps" and not fishing docks.
    Holy shit. Today on Scducks I read that we should outlaw walking on the road, register golfcarts and require insurance, make golf cart and bikes liable for any accident, and now you shouldn't be able to fish on public docks.... What the fuck is next? What stupid god damn liberal nonsense will you retards think up next? .... I can't even imagine

Try stumphole on a Friday afternoon. Which landing were you at barnabus?
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by CAMO SNOB View Post
    Holy shit. Today on Scducks I read that we should outlaw walking on the road, register golfcarts and require insurance, make golf cart and bikes liable for any accident, and now you shouldn't be able to fish on public docks.... What the fuck is next? What stupid god damn liberal nonsense will you retards think up next? .... I can't even imagine

Damn I hate to think I'm agreeing with Camo, but apparently some of the folks on here don't understand what the word public means.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Try stumphole on a Friday afternoon. Which landing were you at barnabus?
    allison creek landing that has a designated fishing pier.

Focus boys, Kayaks and paddle boards are the true axis of evil.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by flockbuster View Post
    Damn I hate to think I'm agreeing with Camo, but apparently some of the folks on here don't understand what the word public means.
    Can you skydive from a public building? Can you have sex on a public bus? Can you pee in a public park? Can you bathe in a public restroom?

Maybe not but you can fish from a public dock. You can hunt public water.... And all your belly aching makes you sound, no it makes you an anti fishermaN and a fucking retard. if you are having so much trouble at public docks go to a pay ramp OR just come on Scducks and make yourself look dumb as a box of shit!

Uh O. Better look out...USMCsilverspoon just put his debate hat on....

Bernie 2016!!!

Seriously though...it all boils down to common sense which seems to be lacking in the dock trash of all colors. Boats have to be able to tie up...fish at the end of the dock where a boat can't or will not tie up. It's not that hard. If you choose to fish in a docking spot...be prepared to move your rods as boats need that space.

I was at Leads Ave last weekend it was a nightmare. Not only with the idiots that know nothing about boat ramp courtesies, but there was a boat taking on water and the coast guard was there helping. I went and docked around the backside to get out of all the ruckus...mainly because some drunk mexicans were taking up prime real estate right on the front side of the dock. As the coast guard was pushing the sinking vessel to the dock, they came over the loud speaker to tell a woman who was also docked on the front side to move her boat...it was the best option and ideal spot for them to be able to work and get the boat out of the water as quick as possible. Of course that woman was panicked because her husband went to get the trailer, so I helped her move the boat. I was just planning on sliding the boat back to where the mexicans where. They saw what the coast guard was doing, saw what I was doing and never moved...I literally about came out of my skin yelling the stupid drunk fucks...I told them that we were putting the boat there whether they moved or not and that I was prepared to break all of their rods or knock them in the water. My skin still crawls thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Focus boys, Kayaks and paddle boards are the true axis of evil.
    Don't leave out pontoon boats.
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 05-03-2016 at 08:51 AM.

Kidding, I haven't used a public ramp in years..