Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Unintended consequences

More birds will die because of this stupid bill.

• The above average hunter will spread his/her limit out or tag out within the 1st week while taking the below average hunter who normally would be lucky to tag 1 but will now kill 2-3.

• The outlaws will still kill 5-8 with their 3 sets of tags SCDNR issued.

I'm no biologist and the writing is on the wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Do you not shoot two at a time because you want to stretch your season out?

No. It's a personal choice and I don't judge those that do. I don't do it because I'm usually so dicked up by the time I shoot that I need to breathe into a paper bag. Seriously, I feel like I get the full experience and only shoot one. Out west, pew pew pew
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Some areas are doing just fine and some are birdless.. don't ask me why... but...
    Genesis 9;2

Quote Originally Posted by TheTater View Post
    No, I do not work for DNR.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    While accurate, what you meant to say was not anymore.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Quote Originally Posted by Timberman22 View Post

• The outlaws will still kill 5-8 with their 3 sets of tags SCDNR issued.
    Or they are mad " because I can only kill 3" and re-use the tags off the one set they were given.
    Last edited by jevans; 03-26-2016 at 07:59 PM.

No. You have the coolest name on SCducks though. I bet you shout "cut em'!" while some Arkansas college kid guides you while trying not to laugh. Duck Cutter. Are you serious?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Aren't you clever! I'm sure the guides don't laugh as hard as i do every time I see that overpriced rifle you're trying to sell in the TP.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

This discussion is not about shooting over the tag limit.

Plenty of people do it and there is no way to police it, really. To be honest, if DNR was incompetent enough to send me multiple sets of tags, I'd shoot em to prove a point
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    I voiced my opinion to anyone and everyone that would listen. You can search my posts here. I hunt turkeys almost every day that the SC season is open. I mostly carry folks with me to do the murdering.

As I have stated here before, I hunt all over the state, and if you think our turkey population is in decline, you are mistaken. I will listen to an argument that a particular property is down, but we have as many birds as we have had in my life, if not more statewide.
    trkykilr, I'm certainly not saying you're wrong about any of this, or that Ray was wrong with his prediction that this would happen. You guys may know a hell of a lot more about upstate birds than I do but it will take more than the first week of turkey season in the first year that we got the early bump to be able to tell if this whole thing needs to be amended. I just think it's jumping the gun a bit to start pointing fingers at the biologist for their recommendation. Regardless of what you guys think, these decisions aren't made by some book worm nerd who pulls ideas out of his rear-end. It may be possible that the DNR field biologists just might know a thing or two about our turkey population too.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Either they were wrong about the "hatch" or all of these jakes were born through live birth. I'm covered in em
    I called bull shit on this past years hatch report the day it came out. Best one I've seen in a few years. If I remember correct it wasn't too too wet in May. I may be wrong though. But like I said, it was the best one I've seen in a while.

Bwahahahaha!^ turkey biologists. Who and where?

trkykilr, I'm certainly not saying you're wrong about any of this, or that Ray was wrong with his prediction that this would happen. You guys may know a hell of a lot more about upstate birds than I do but it will take more than the first week of turkey season in the first year that we got the early bump to be able to tell if this whole thing needs to be amended. I just think it's jumping the gun a bit to start pointing fingers at the biologist for their recommendation. Regardless of what you guys think, these decisions aren't made by some book worm nerd who pulls ideas out of his rear-end. It may be possible that the DNR field biologists just might know a thing or two about our turkey population too.

First it was politicians pushing this and don't blame DNR. Now it's DNR has competent biologists so lay off. Which side of the fence are you falling on here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm going to heaven for the weather and hell for the company.

Be dangerous, unpredictable, and make a whole lot of noise.

Aren't you clever! I'm sure the guides don't laugh as hard as i do every time I see that overpriced rifle you're trying to sell in the TP.
    It was a SCREAMING deal!

Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    I've got 45 minutes of video of 4 jakes, one of which I wanted to kill simply because he was pecking the pair off my DSD Jake decoy. Not to mention the dominant Jake gobbled like any 2+ y/o I've ever heard. So much so I swore I was about to kill one.
    The first bird I called up this year was a Jake just like this. No hiccup in his gobble. Blind folded, any turkey hunter would have said shoot that MF, he's a long beard.

You give 3/4 of the state an extra two weekends to hunt Turkeys and expect the harvest to go down. Glad these scdnr biologists don't claim to be statistics majors. Face it, politicians wear the pants and the Dnr fucktards just zip up the fly

It was a SCREAMING deal!
    There is one thing everyone on this site has in common.
    We all love guns. Old, new, tactical, it doesn't matter there are shooters off all types on this website.

Good deals get gone quick.
    Your "screaming" deal is still there.

Just sayin'
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
    First it was politicians pushing this and don't blame DNR. Now it's DNR has competent biologists so lay off. Which side of the fence are you falling on here?
    I think I've been completely clear as to the fact that I'll pick a side as soon as the fence is actually built. I certainly think it's way too early to point any fingers at DNR for some miscalculation that ruined the worlds turkey population...or didn't ruin anything at all.

I was pretty clear in my defense of our state biologists. Lastly, politicians didn't just push for this either, their constituents did.

There is more whining on this site than anything I've ever seen. But I take the bait so I'm just as stupid.

Sent from your mom's iphone

Default Unintended consequences

I'm not whining, just pointing out that you were quick to blame the legislators and now you're defending the DNR biologists. No need to defend them if your first point is truly the case.

Last edited by River Rat; 03-26-2016 at 08:29 PM.

There is one thing everyone on this site has in common.
    We all love guns. Old, new, tactical, it doesn't matter there are shooters off all types on this website.

Good deals get gone quick.
    Your "screaming" deal is still there.

Just sayin'
    You sure don't read reeeeal guuuuuud. I said it "was" a screaming deal...as in past tense. It's gone, hence no more bumps. And no, I was never serious about it being a screaming deal...just something fun to trade. A gun's value goes down as soon as you do something to it that not everyone will like. We all get that.

Quote Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
    I'm not whining, just pointing out that you were quick to blame the legislators and now you're defending the DNR biologists. No need to defend them if your first point is truly the case. Sent fr
    om my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I'm defending everyone on this one (including you and me, the all knowing public/constituents) and telling you guys to slow down with the moaning until the dust clears a bit.

The only thing I actually took aim at was a blanket statement that SCDNR is "full of liars" or something to that effect.

Do you guys read on a college level?

I'm not saying you didn't bring it up, or that they didn't listen, but I am saying that SCDNR is slam damn full of honest men. Maybe a few rotten apples like any other agency but they do a hell of a job for the most part.

Lets not forget that a bunch of legislators helped make this happen. You could always talk to one of them. Heck, I bet you could voice your opinion to a legislator at the family dinner table. Just a bet...

I'm reading your comment about legislators here. What am I missing? If they made this happen, then there is no need to defend the findings of the DNR biologists. Pretty black and white to me and devoid of needing college reading levels to comprehend...............or did you just mean something different altogether by your statement?