Thread: Vehicle laptop mount?

Default Vehicle laptop mount?

I'm on the road constantly for work. Pulling over to send a contract or an email is a regular affair and I'm getting weary of throwing my laptop in my lap. I'm thinking a vehicle mount would be much more convenient.

Any of you guys got experience with one of these vehicle mounts for a laptop? Tell me your experience, what product you prefer and why you like it or don't like it.

Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

RAM Mount looks sturdy and functional. I use 3 of 'em and don't have any complaints yet; granted, none are for laptops.

I drive a '01 of that makes any difference
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

I looked at the Rams, they seem to make solid products. I have a couple on the boat and have been pleased.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Several guys in my former company used the RAM mount and then built a "computer shelf" out of a thick acrylic plastic. It had with a lip around the edge to keep the laptop in place. It worked out great and looked professional. I am no longer there or I would take a picture to upload.

We use ram, I just installed one wednesday.

They are sturdy, easy tp assemble and install and work well with our tough books.
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Ram.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/19497950?wmlspartner=wmtlabs

Theses are a little cheaper and work well.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Either RAM or Gamber Johnson.

Way better than Ram. The rams are too big and bulky IMO. http://www.jottodesk.net/laptop_desk...truck_desk.htm

FYI I've got a almost new ram mount for a 13 F250 for sale cheap. Not sure what you're driving though.

Ram makes good stuff. Don't have experience with a laptop one though. Just PDA and an IPad.
    Last edited by ProvidenceSwamper; 01-29-2016 at 08:41 PM.

I have a Jotto desk in my truck. I'm surprised you haven't noticed it before now.

I was waiting on you to chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    I was waiting on you to chime in.
    I was slow to find the thread. Lol

https://jet.com/product/detail/25bfa...FQ8kgQodexoIKw

I use this. Travle the state about 3-4K miles a month. Love as I can move from car to car. Take out on weekends.

I had a Jotto in my truck when I was on the road a good bit. It was solid.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Leaning towards the Jotto, but I'm still looking at the Ram too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]