Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why can't we kill isis

Politics, Policy, Politicians, Intervention...

I get it. I understand. I don't know why this post got to me. A lot of things on this site get to me, and in my younger days, it would elicit a lot stronger response.

Please don't demand of others what you aren't willing to do. I am sure everyone feels that ISIS is evil. If you aren't willing to fight, be willing to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by santeeswamper View Post
    I just saw where a Jordanian pilot was soaked in gas and rigged with explosives. Why can't we put troops on the ground and planes in the sky to kill these rag head sons of bitches???
    Do you honestly think America's liberal media is going to tote a badass "rag head killin sumbitch" across the front of your TV screen and say he is killing ISIS by the hundreds? There's a whole lot of shit going on US military wise in the world that doesn't quite reach yahoo news. I spend about 200 days a year on a C-17 overseas I get to see it often.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    Do you honestly think America's liberal media is going to tote a badass "rag head killin sumbitch" across the front of your TV screen and say he is killing ISIS by the hundreds? There's a whole lot of shit going on US military wise in the world that doesn't quite reach yahoo news. I spend about 200 days a year on a C-17 overseas I get to see it often.
    Amen
    My son is now at Incirlik and works with drones. I spoke with him tonight......something about "hellfire missiles"
    Last edited by ecu1984; 12-16-2015 at 11:25 PM.

and thanks for your service

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    Politics, Policy, Politicians, Intervention...

I get it. I understand. I don't know why this post got to me. A lot of things on this site get to me, and in my younger days, it would elicit a lot stronger response.

Please don't demand of others what you aren't willing to do. I am sure everyone feels that ISIS is evil. If you aren't willing to fight, be willing to vote.
    So nobody is entitled to ask a question or have an opinion unless you served?

Damn dude, lighten up.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Amen
    My son is now at Incirlik and works with drones. I spoke with him tonight......something about "hellfire missiles"
    I spend a lot of time passing through incerlik, if you ever need something sent that way message me I'll get it there fee of charge. Turkey is now playing in the war games and untied our hands logistically is been nice. . .
    Last edited by Waldo; 12-17-2015 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    That's dumb as fuck. Of all the people in this world to fuck with Putin is at the bottom of the list
    Reckon Putin's about to turn Spetnaz troops loose?
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I spend a lot of time passing through incerlik, if you ever need something sent that way message me I'll get it there fee of charge. Turkey is now playing in the war games and untied our hands logistically is been nice. . .
    That's pretty cool. You're a good man, Waldo.

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHERN WOODS View Post

Damn dude, lighten up.
    I probably need to. Just one of those things that gets to me.

I did my time way back when all this started with diddy Bush. Didn't do it for thanks, accolades or glory (although there isn't much on a submarine) but did it so others wouldn't have to and so they could voice their opinion; no matter how smart or dumb it may be. If he's a citizen of this country he's entitled to an opinion whether he's served or not. Freedom means putting up with some shit you don't agree with and serving means you're willing to defend it. I'm sure those who have or are currently serving would agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Freedom means putting up with some shit you don't agree with and serving means you're willing to defend it.
    and there it is
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

I put voting up there with serving. If you can't, or don't, serve, at least vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Just food for thought guys but spreading or sharing their videos on your news feeds is exactly what they want you to do and the the whole reason their shock and awe system works.
    You are definitely on to something here. These videos are disturbing, and when people watch them and pass them around, it is just spreading enemy propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    I put voting up there with serving.
    Wow... pretty God damn big difference between a climate controlled voting station and bleeding for your country.
    Last edited by Griffin; 12-17-2015 at 07:59 AM.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHERN WOODS View Post

Damn dude, lighten up.
    Why do you get butt hurt every time some one ask that. You have a guilty conscious or something?

That's like asking why the cops don't crack down on gangs, then someone telling you you have no right to ask that question if you're not willing to be a cop.

We have a military in place put in place to protect all of us, and since our tax dollars pay for it, we have a right to question its efficacy.
    Last edited by everlast; 12-17-2015 at 08:05 AM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Also like to add that everyone is entitled to their opinion on what our military should be doing. Don't forget that these boys signed up for this and it isn't a big secret that in the last 15 years if you signed up you were going to fight. I expect zero sympathy for our fokes in uniform. Gratitude yes, but there is a job at hand and they volunteered to do it.
    Last edited by Griffin; 12-17-2015 at 08:09 AM.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

As usual, Griffin nails it.

Posting the videos propagates their agenda of sensationalistic terror. I refuse to give them that, so you won't see me posting even links to their ways. When I see a link of a beheading or some other such shit they do, I don't give them the pleasure of me watching it. It's a basic concept that I would hope would catch on like wildfire, but unfortunately, most can't help themselves and end up giving the enemy just what they want.

I also believe we are systematically killing the bad guys and I don't even want to know about it. I'm good with our good guys finding their bad guys and doing whatever they want to them and not telling a damn soul.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Voting is exercising a right. Serving is defending one. Not the same.

Folks that haven't served absolutely have a right to speak their opinion regardless of whether or not they've volunteered to defend that right. Folks that have served, also have a right to an opinion and may not appreciate opinions of those that haven't been influenced by the point of view from having served.

My service was under Bill Clinton and it was a shit show.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Waldo, are they allowing you guys to purchase the handmade shotguns I believe they are called Uglas? I know when I went through there (early 2000's) we could buy as many as we want and ship em back in our connex. Very nice looking over and unders as well as double barrels. And of course Tuborg red.
    "To reap the Blessings of Freedom you must first undergo the Fatigue of Supporting it"