Thread: F250 trailer light fuses

Default F250 trailer light fuses

Anyone have the listing of fuses for trailer light hookup on 2012 superduty?

My 4 pin connection quit working, while my 7 pin works just fine.

Google a fuse panel pic for that truck. I don't have my computer here to look it up on shop key for you. I'm sure it's online

Quote Originally Posted by santeeswamper View Post
    Google a fuse panel pic for that truck. I don't have my computer here to look it up on shop key for you. I'm sure it's online
    I found it. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    I found it. Thanks
    Care to share for me? I may be diagnosing something myself, soon.

I know on my Chevy, I kept blowing the 15a fuse and I was advised by a mechanic that was a common problem. I was told to pop in a 20a. Never had a problem since.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    Care to share for me? I may be diagnosing something myself, soon.

I know on my Chevy, I kept blowing the 15a fuse and I was advised by a mechanic that was a common problem. I was told to pop in a 20a. Never had a problem since.
    Lights started flickering on the trailer. Checked the ground on the trailer and it had broken off and was dangling around making the lights flicker as it made contact with the trailer. Anyway...fixed the ground, everything worked. Went hunting the next day and about 10 min down the road, lights go out again for good. I check the ground on trailer it's good. I check the 4 pin at the truck with one of those plug in light deals, it shows everything is good. Reconnect the trailer...no lights. Hhhmmmmm. So I think maybe a bad pigtail on the trailer. So I put an adapter in the 7 pin plug and connect the trailer. Boom, everything works fine, and has worked fine since. Fuses are my only thought. I'm assuming the 4 pin runs off a different fuse than the 7 pin. Fuck! I hate trailer lights.

I hate 'em, too.

I hooked up my ATV trailer the other day. I put in the 7pin adapter because it was already hooked up to the trailer's harness. I went to check the lights; driver rear not lighting. I unplugged the 7pin, went 4pin straight to the truck. Same thing.

I'm assuming that it's just the trailer bulb. I'll check that later this week.

Thanks.