Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deer processor(s) in lower Richland County?

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post
    I've heard pleasent things from 601 Deer & Hog in St. Matthews on 601 on the curve across the river.
    I was satisfied when I took some hogs there. Much more convenient to Bluff road than others.

601 dude is creepy and they are expensive and they will short you.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    601 dude is creepy .
    I feel the same.

I think 601 is better than it used to be. At least from what I've heard recently.

Game warden I know uses Wedgefield processors. Headed toward Sumter turn right on Wedgefield Hwy and then take left on Cane Savannah (I think) and go about a mile and on left.

From what Ive heard, Wedgefield sprung up as someone who used to work at Peach Orchard.

Bobby does a good job with pigs. And deer. Never felt shorted by him.

Peach Orchard is very clean and reasonable when Ive used them.

Now Swamp, when are you going to get a deer?
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Michael Smith runs Wedgefield processing and you won't find a nicer guy. I take a couple a year to him.

In my opinion, peach orchard makes better sausage, so I take s few to them as well.

Can't go wrong with either
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

601 dude is creepy and they are expensive and they will short you.
    I'm convinced animals aren't the only thing he processes.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Michael Smith runs Wedgefield processing and you won't find a nicer guy. I take a couple a year to him.

In my opinion, peach orchard makes better sausage, so I take s few to them as well.

Can't go wrong with either
    Wedgefield hog sausage is shit. Absolutely terrible.
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.

Wedgefield hog sausage is shit. Absolutely terrible.
    Yall kill a ton more than I do, this may be a stupid question but I honestly do not know the answer. Does anywhere make Bacon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Not that I know of. I'm not really sure if it would be worth while to try and make it from a wild pig. It may be a breed thing with domesticated pigs that are better for bacon. I've never really thought about it to be honest.

Not that I know of. I'm not really sure if it would be worth while to try and make it from a wild pig. It may be a breed thing with domesticated pigs that are better for bacon. I've never really thought about it to be honest.
    Good point, I never thought of that. I just thought of it the other day when "they" said we will all get cancer for eating bacon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

If you do go to peach orchard,ask for mike.hes the red hair fella.hes always well mannered and he knows his stuff.

Thanks for all the input, guys. I have used both Peach Orchard and 601, like them both (prefer Peach Orchard, but 601 is a lot closer). The one in Wedgefield is new to me.

I'm trying to find something more in a direct "on the route" way between just east of Eastover and Forest Acres, so I'm not back tracking, for morning "before work" drop offs.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

There isn't one that I know of in your desired area. Be a good market for one though...
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    Thanks for all the input, guys. I have used both Peach Orchard and 601, like them both (prefer Peach Orchard, but 601 is a lot closer). The one in Wedgefield is new to me.

I'm trying to find something more in a direct "on the route" way between just east of Eastover and Forest Acres, so I'm not back tracking, for morning "before work" drop offs.
    I'm in this same boat. Wedgefield is your closest option.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Butcher house in south Congaree best quality of meat processing I have ever had very reasonable it's on church street just off 302 or you can pull in off 302 there is a sign on both roads

Resurrecting this thread... anybody new in 2016? Again, looking for a drop off type processor between Eastover/601 and downtown Columbia... Not 601, Peach Orchard, etc... I want a pre-work-kill drop off.

Anybody new in 2016?
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Wedge field is your closest option. They don't seem to trim the connective tissue out of the meat before grinding or cubing. They are however, fast, clea , and reasonably priced.

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmet Gobbler View Post
    Wedge field is your closest option. They don't seem to trim the connective tissue out of the meat before grinding or cubing. They are however, fast, clea , and reasonably priced.
    I thought they folded?