Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GoFundMe pages

Default GoFundMe pages

For rich people?

Fukc!ing stop it. Its crass and not acceptable. I dont care that your parents are so important to you. I dont care that they lost all their precious memories. This is NOT the time to try to fund your parents furniture restoration. There are people out there that actually NEED monetary help. IMO, if you have a J-O-B, go to work instead of creating another goFundMe page.

sorry. I understand you all think I am a crotchety old bastard but the audacity of people that is so prevalent in social media today pisses me off.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I saw one for $100,000 for the restoration of a house in King's Grant.

Take it to Facepage...

Agreed. I know a lot of folks who have pages out there. I haven't donated to one. I did donate to the one for the fella who works at Casa Linda. He truly lost everything.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    For rich people?

Fukc!ing stop it. Its crass and not acceptable. I dont care that your parents are so important to you. I dont care that they lost all their precious memories. This is NOT the time to try to fund your parents furniture restoration. There are people out there that actually NEED monetary help. IMO, if you have a J-O-B, go to work instead of creating another goFundMe page.

sorry. I understand you all think I am a crotchety old bastard but the audacity of people that is so prevalent in social media today pisses me off.
    well said,,, read a story the other day where a aunt of some 8 yr old kid tried to sue him b/c he jumped in her arms to hug her and broke her wrist so she tried to sue him for $127,000 b/c it ruined her life... people suck that is all there is to it.

When did it become okay to ask for money? I would work as many hours and as many jobs as it took to get back on my feet. Good Lord gave me an able body, I think it's a sin not to use it. Those go fund me things piss me off.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

I'm glad you said it........I was thinking it.

I have friends that have them set up (or someone set it up for them). I'll help you bang nails and do a bunch of other shit, but I am not contributing to a gofundme account when your combined income is bumping $200K.

Just like welfare, handicapped parking and college scholarships - it's only fair when everybody get them.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    Take it to Facepage...
    haha. for reals

These are trying times for many. I get that. I also get that society has made it so important to show pictures and post their activities for all to see. I realize that many people in my zip code (and others) lost a lot. I understand they are reeling from all that has been thrown at them since last sunday morning. I know of MANY CLOSE FRIENDS who will have trouble digging out from under this....but they will. They will because they have friends to help them, neighbors to lend a hand, and strong support from their church community.

I cannot imagine the gall of someone to act with such disrespect to start a funding page for their well-to-do parents when there are others out there that truly need the financial support. I would love to ask these kids if THEY donated to their parents page...or are they just making sure they get the attention and pity they so desperately crave via social media?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

dang....I miss out on a lot by not facebooking...maybe I should start...nah
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Hell a man raised $10K for freaking potato salad a while back. The Go Fund me page is a great tool that turned into a joke.
    “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.”

― Norman Maclean

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
    dang....I miss out on a lot by not facebooking...maybe I should start...nah
    You're not missing shit...

A senator in Alabama created a Go Fund Me page to take money for a budget deficit..

https://www.gofundme.com/sjnad935

$1,365 of 300 million raised so far

Quote Originally Posted by JBK View Post
    When did it become okay to ask for money?
    Let me hole a dolla.

Well said, 2th. Couldn't agree more.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I agree that the gofundme accounts are overused, but its a tough situation. If they didn't have flood insurance and their house and possessions are a total loss, bankruptcy is their only option, unless i'm mistaken. A lot of lives ruined, financially speaking.

I'm trying to think of an instance where I saw a Go Fund Me page that was for a legitimate need. I'm coming up empty. That site brings out the worst in humanity.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    I'm trying to think of an instance where I saw a Go Fund Me page that was for a legitimate need. I'm coming up empty. That site brings out the worst in humanity.
    I've seen pages for cancer treatments, funeral costs for widows, etc. All worthy causes, IMO. I think just like with welfare, the rampant abuse jades us, even though there is a legitimate need in a few cases.
    Last edited by everlast; 10-14-2015 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    These are trying times for many. I get that. I also get that society has made it so important to show pictures and post their activities for all to see. I realize that many people in my zip code (and others) lost a lot. I understand they are reeling from all that has been thrown at them since last sunday morning. I know of MANY CLOSE FRIENDS who will have trouble digging out from under this....but they will. They will because they have friends to help them, neighbors to lend a hand, and strong support from their church community.

I cannot imagine the gall of someone to act with such disrespect to start a funding page for their well-to-do parents when there are others out there that truly need the financial support. I would love to ask these kids if THEY donated to their parents page...or are they just making sure they get the attention and pity they so desperately crave via social media?
    Blame the parents for raising a child to think its ok.....And honestly the kid is just trying to protect his inheritance....lol