Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FMNF Research into Eastern Diamonbacks

Default FMNF Research into Eastern Diamonbacks

Don't watch if you're afeard of serpents!

This is a short film by Alex Bentley, who was the student intern with our Rare Amphibian and Reptile Task Force (RAT Force, if you will).

It was shot in the Francis Marion except for starting around the 4:40 minute mark, the snake is being filmed in my veterinary hospital getting his radio transmitter surgery.

Alex is a junior bio major at my alma mater, Wofford College. I think he did a fantastic job with this film!!!

Hunting outside the box

Very cool. Don't have the time to watch all of it at the moment but will later. The few parts I skimmed through were very interesting.
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Wonder how much money was pissed away?

That young man did a great job with that video. He'll go far if he doesn't get bitten and killed.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

that was fun to watch.

Very good video!! Well worth the time to watch. Chief was a HOSS!!!
    Tight Lines

very cool...
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Excellent video!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Awesome video. Thanks for sharing!

Although I just hate a damn snake, that was pretty interesting.
    867-5309

If anyone has Alex's contact, I'll pay him to take me so see that snake in the wild, or donate it to flood victims, or to the FF. I want to see one of those bastards outside the zoo.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Ha. Thanks, but Alex is in Ecuador right now. God bless him.
    Hunting outside the box

Excellent video. Though I don't hate snakes like most. I don't see giving a Cottonmouth, Copperhead nor Canebrake a pass. I honestly don't think Chief types will get a pass either. Non venomous snakes do a fine job at taking up the slack for the loss of the venomous and I will go out of my way to shoo one off a road.

I changed my mind to this way of thinking years ago after giving a pass to a large Copperhead. About a month later while scouting around with a buddy he got popped right in the Achilles tendon. I am pretty certain it was the same one I let live being that it was the exact same area and same size. Either way they get a good wack to the head, skinned and eaten these days, especially the Canebrakes. Deelicious.
    Genesis 9;2

Smoked or fried. They're pretty good!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

The venom studies from copperheads have given rise to a drug used to successfully treat breast cancer in women.

If you love a mom, sister, daughter or wife, thank a copperhead.
    Hunting outside the box

Outstanding video and great work!
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Wonder how many Easterns they captured?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    The venom studies from copperheads have given rise to a drug used to successfully treat breast cancer in women.

Very interesting, I know they're experimenting with all sorts of toxins in treating various diseases and pathogens but, didn't realize the copperhead was one. I think one of the treatments my BIL had/has in his cancer fight uses some sort of snake venom or neurotoxin.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I met mike out at Nemours when he was doing work on Parris Island. I walked into his cabin, saw a big stack of boxes marked, "Danger, Venomous" and promptly walked out. He was a very nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post

I'll keep this in mind the next time I happen on one like I killed that was literally a stone's throw from your hospital - 47 1/2". Seriously - if/when I see another, do you want it? Those rocks in the Barksdale cemetery would be a great place to start looking.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....