Thread: One inch of rain on one acre

Default One inch of rain on one acre

http://water.usgs.gov/edu/earthrain.html
    One inch of rain on one acre is 27,154 gallons of water. Imagine how much water we took in during this event. I live on 15 acres that received over 20 inches. That is 8,146,200 gallons of water. Now think about a 3,000 acre tract of land, 1,629,240,000 gallons. If Clarendon county is 696 square miles which is 445440 acres and if it averaged 18 inches that is 217,718,599,680 gallons of water.
    Become one with nature then marinate it.

I thought somebody posted on here a few days ago that the rainfall estimate for the state from this was 4.2 trillion gallons. Not sure how accurate that is though or how you'd calculate that. All I know is we're getting the runoff starting tonight.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I thought somebody posted on here a few days ago that the rainfall estimate for the state from this was 4.2 trillion gallons. Not sure how accurate that is though or how you'd calculate that. All I know is we're getting the runoff starting tonight.
    Your place looks like it should stay dry, thank goodness.

I've texted my friend over on Rybolt Road (behind The Bluffs) and have not heard from her in 2 days. She's the one to the immediate left of "The Minnow Man" (he's her brother). If for some odd reason you've got some free time and are close by and have nothing to do, I'd really appreciate if you can check on Ann and Mike Knight. I'm growing somewhat concerned. Thanks Mark!
    Last edited by USMCsilver; 10-08-2015 at 10:38 PM.

I'll try to ride by. So far we've been fortunate since we're off the river a good bit. We actually sit 18' above seas level with a whole lot of land lower than we are. Gtown and the south side of the Waccamaw, PeeDee and Black is going to bare the brunt. It's a mess over towards Andrews, Browns Ferry and all along the Black now. Sadly it's going to get worse.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

If you can, I'd be greatful. The marsh is their back door.

Stay dry, bud!

Posted with GS5 smartphone equipped with a dumb keyboard.

Their house/property is fine. I shot mike a text, hadn't heard back. Maybe they dumped their phones

Quote Originally Posted by blackstock View Post
    Their house/property is fine. I shot mike a text, hadn't heard back. Maybe they dumped their phones
    Small world. Thanks!

Posted with GS5 smartphone equipped with a dumb keyboard.