Thread: Bamboo fly rod makin' class

Default Bamboo fly rod makin' class

Sunrift Adventures of Travelers Rest, SC is looking for folks interested in making those bamboo rods..offering a bamboo rod building class sometime at the end of October. The cost would be around $650 and you would walk away with a rod and a few extra tips. ......they need at least 6 people to make it happen. Holler at em':
    (864) 834-3019
    At least I'm housebroken.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    Sunrift Adventures of Travelers Rest, SC is looking for folks interested in making those bamboo rods..offering a bamboo rod building class sometime at the end of October. The cost would be around $650 and you would walk away with a rod and a few extra tips. ......they need at least 6 people to make it happen. Holler at em':
    (864) 834-3019
    I'll pass this along to my dad. He has a few of them. A fella here in Camden used to make them and they are beautiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

$650.....

Mergie did it for free
    Last edited by swampshooter; 08-24-2015 at 06:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Yep. I have a border collie mix that is smarter than most of the people on this site.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

I guess taking a class to make your own for $650 is cheap compared to buying one. The rod maker, Pickard, in the videos I posted gets $1,850.00. I'll just go cut me a creek cane and tie some waxed kite cord on it.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

awww...you guys....
    At least I'm housebroken.

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    I guess taking a class to make your own for $650 is cheap compared to buying one. The rod maker, Pickard, in the videos I posted gets $1,850.00. I'll just go cut me a creek cane and tie some waxed kite cord on it.
    I don't own any cane rods but I do have graphite I paid as much as $800 for. You generally get what you pay for with higher end fly rods. Makes cheaper rods fish like a broom stick.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

There's a little retired lady around here, believe she lives in Mt. Pleasant, who took great interest in a flyrod making class. She sells her rods for around $2,500.

Bamboo long rods are for cute little fishes like brookies and the likes!
    I love my Winston's, Scott's and other composites for manly fishes of the sea!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

My old man makes good damn fly rods.
    867-5309

Very limited experience casting cane rods but they were extremely smooth and cast beautifully.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles