Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Texas removes Jefferson Davis statue

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Ok, Toof, what would have happened if the nine families called for retribution and spent the next few evenings stirring up emotions.

There are several people on here that act like they want a race war. Facebook has them stirred up, the national press, you name it.

SC was different not because we are that much different. It was because the families response set up an entirely different response.
    Tell me what happened in our nation's recent history that might explain what you are talking about. I dont recall a "race war" recently. I do, however, recall a lot of crime in the black community. Are you saying the white people should start the war? I am so confused on what I am supposed to hate these days.

My point, DT, is that you are speculating and making excuses, de post facto. I am not surprised by politicians looking to justify their idiotic actions, but dont think for a minute that you just narrowly escaped a race war by taking the flag down.

I may have mentioned this before but, in my opinion, my disgust for the political actions of the state of SC has NOTHING to do with the flag (or a race war).
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Would you be slightly upset if we decided to put a gay flag on the statehouse grounds to commemorate the struggles for marriage equality? Yeah I thought so.
    upset and offended are different. Using it as an excuse to go murder gay people is an entirely different thing.

But thank you for giving me some fodder when I try to explain myself. This will help.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I live in Georgia. ( which has no bearing on my question).

Answer the question, why do YOU think you deserve to continue to represent the people of your district. Serious question. I'm quite sure there are people on this website who are in your district. (and vote)..
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Would you be slightly upset if we decided to put a gay flag on the statehouse grounds to commemorate the struggles for marriage equality? Yeah I thought so.
    No on the contrary using the logic that was used to remove the flag from the state grounds I would anticipate:

Y'all demonize gay black men. Families have lost loved ones and this can be directly tied to a person and life style.

Expect all tv networks to remove any use of Ru-Paul going forward and any other gay prominent gay black man.

I could go on and on, but their is no need to.

I enjoy the fact you come on here and give us the details of the minutia coming out of Columbia. I think it is a rare and unique opportunity. I have to give you kudos most politicians would not dare do this.

Your no different than any other person on here in that you are capable of stepping in a pile of crap every so often.

This whole flag debacle was a big deal in many peoples minds for many different reasons.

The wisdom given to back off let the emotion of the whole thing subside was solid. By your own admission removing the flag didn't stop any race war. But due to the actions of the body we call the SC ga we are now seeing a trend across this nation to erase and destroy history.

Bwak, Bwak, Bwak...

Show us you courage. Get involved. Run for something. Make a difference. Or just keep wasting time on your keyboard at work.
    Being involved at work IS making a difference. Those of us producing goods and services for profit during the course of pursuing our self interest ARE the difference. We are the engine. We can't all run for office. And we shouldn't. The vast majority of us should...you know what, never mind.

Just stop trying to be profound and clever.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Being involved at work IS making a difference. Those of us producing goods and services for profit during the course of pursuing our self interest ARE the difference. We are the engine. We can't all run for office. And we shouldn't. The vast majority of us should...you know what, never mind.

Just stop trying to be profound and clever.

Exactly, we are the shit that makes this whole thing tick, maybe we'll run you off for good this time. I'm beyond tired of your worthless, pompous spew on anything.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

He forgets the people at work producing goods and services and generating revenues are paying his salary and benefits.
    “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.”

― Norman Maclean

In retrospect, removing the flag almost undid the goodwill created by the families. It ignited passions of both races. It flamed the fires of political correctness and started a wave of ridiculous attacks. I believe I voted the right way but we all knew removing the flag would not end it all.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

So let's see. A white guy with stated desire to start a race war goes to the city where the Civil War began, where projects directly border rich white people, goes to the Mother AME church, kills blacks in a church including a black senator, on the heals of rioting in other cities, cops assassinated, and you don't think it would have come to a race war. If not for the families forgiveness, Charleston would have burned.
    History tells us that threatening Southern Folks with violence if they do or don't do something has pretty much always turned into a fight. No matter what the odds or what the cost may be. I hope that it was just few loud mouths that were doing the threatening, because I don't think they really thought that one through.

Quote Originally Posted by santee11 View Post
    History tells us that threatening Southern Folks with violence if they do or don't do something has pretty much always turned into a fight. No matter what the odds or what the cost may be. I hope that it was just few loud mouths that were doing the threatening, because I don't think they really thought that one through.
    Agree.

I doubt the current residents of downtown Charleston could defend themselves nor do they have enough water to put out the fat lighter.

Quote Originally Posted by MorningWoody View Post
    He forgets the people at work producing goods and services and generating revenues are paying his salary and benefits.
    Want to bet I pay more tax than you?

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    Exactly, we are the shit that makes this whole thing tick, maybe we'll run you off for good this time. I'm beyond tired of your worthless, pompous spew on anything.
    In addition to my fat legislative salary I own therapy clinics, develop commercial and residential property, and rent apartment complexes. I suspect I know a thing or two about taxes and a burdensome government.

You couldn't run me off.

Gotta be a heavy burden. Especially since you don't have a spine..... I'm on a roll today, I just couldn't help it.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

I own therapy clinics
    Do y'all offer spinal therapy?
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

In addition to my fat legislative salary I own therapy clinics, develop commercial and residential property, and rent apartment complexes. I suspect I know a thing or two about taxes and a burdensome government.

You couldn't run me off.

All this yet you cant read a tape measure correctly.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Ha!
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post

You couldn't run me off.
    Hence the attention whore.
    Our new Cottontwat
    Guys please stop feeding this piece of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Smacked any women today?

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Hence the attention whore.
    Our new Cottontwat
    Guys please stop feeding this piece of crap.
    You are my best customer.