Thread: Light Bar on JD Gator

Default Light Bar on JD Gator

I bought a light bar and spot lights for my Gator from EBay on the recommendations I got a while back on here. I know some of you added them to your UTV's, did you use the factory wiring harnesses or did you pull a new fused circuit from the battery? Did you just order the harness seperately from the manufacturer?
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

#lightbarlfe
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    #lightbarlfe
    #seeingwhereicangobecauseJDusesadomelightbulbforhe adlightslife.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

you got one of the newer gators?
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

What light did you get salty?

I put a spot light on my mower (it usually takes me til dark to finish cutting) and tapped into a auxiliary plug. Follow wires coming off the battery and see if you have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

I put some light bars on my hunting cart and just made my own harness. Its pretty easy.
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    What light did you get salty?
    I got two 7" Spots and a 22" Bar. Think they are the Cree ones. Got the Bar yesterday, they appear to be well made.

Quote Originally Posted by sftull View Post
    I put some light bars on my hunting cart and just made my own harness. Its pretty easy.
    I could do that but I'd prefer to tap into the harness so it's key on. My boys play in the gator all the time, most of the time the light switch is on and the 4wd is flipped up. Trying to avoid the dead battery.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    #lightbarlfe
    The river is going to be lit up like williams brice on opening morning...

Find a 12 volt source that is only hot with the switch on. Use a relay so the only load the switch sees is the coil of the relay.

I can probably help you out on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    I can probably help you out on this.
    Cool, I'm waiting on the two 7" lights to come in.

I plan on being up after lunch tomorrow. Got to put brakes on in the morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    I plan on being up after lunch tomorrow. Got to put brakes on in the morning.
    I'll be at club to about 1:00 or so. PI all weekend working around the house.

Which Gator you get? I heard Deere stepped up their game with the RSX line. 60 ft lbs of torque, 60 mph, 0-30 in 3 secs.... Far cry from the old Gators.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Which Gator you get? I heard Deere stepped up their game with the RSX line. 60 ft lbs of torque, 60 mph, 0-30 in 3 secs.... Far cry from the old Gators.
    Mine goes 30 downhill. Plenty fast to haul deer out.