Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Waders

Default Waders

Need some new waders before this season? What you guys think? Need some that will last a long time.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Banded

You will need luck on your side for them to last a long time. Pros and cons with all of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    \"Go to Know\"

Cabelas SuperMag $100 off at Cabelas right now

Anyone have a pair of frogg toggs before?
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

I bought a pair of Rogers and have been happy with them

Cabelas.

Just got a new pair of the breathables from Drake. Don't know how they're going to do but man they're comfortable.

Yea I some of the new eqwader waders by drake on Saturday. They are nice.

Tried some on*

This will be my 3rd year with these. I have been very pleased with them. I would recommend getting a size larger than what your normal shoe size is.

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/game...dCatid=1212732

Banded for me. Own three pair now. I've put my original pair through approximately 45 days of hunting, all out of state, 90% timber. I've had one small leak that I just ignore due to it being so insignificant.

Picked up two new pair for this coming season.

I use lacrosse can't beat them

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Cabelas Dry-Plus breathable. You won't get cold and they're the most comfortable and durable I've ever had in 55 years of duck hunting.
    Carolina American Water Spaniels

UH HR GCH CH Carolina's Wild March Hare MH JHR RAE OA OAJ AF WDS CGC TDI (Bunny)
    UH HRCH Carolina's Duck Gumbo MHA SHR RN WDS CGC TDI (Gumbo) HRC 1500 Point Club (RIP)
    BISS HR GCH Carolina's Running With the Hare JHR SH WDX CGC TDI (Blew)
    HRCH GCH CH Carolina's Tale of the Hare SH MHR WDX (Bea)
    Carolina's Three Duck Limit (Rio)

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    Anyone have a pair of frogg toggs before?
    DONT DO IT. I have. the boots were ruined after year 2. neoprene was fine. boots started splitting. and no, i didn't leave them outside in the sun or anything retarded.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Apparently an older pair of 3.5mm mad dog waders will defy time and outlast anything new on the market

Quote Originally Posted by Gone South View Post
    Apparently an older pair of 3.5mm mad dog waders will defy time and outlast anything new on the market
    These are facts
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    Cabelas Dry-Plus breathable. You won't get cold and they're the most comfortable and durable I've ever had in 55 years of duck hunting.

Love mine.

wing supply has a good sale going, got a pair of breathable for 113.00 to the door

Another vote for Cabelas dry plus breathables. By far most comfortable and durable I have ever owned.