Thread: Samsung comparison 4 to 5 to 6

Default Samsung comparison 4 to 5 to 6

I'v been using a windows phone since they came out. I like them and have no issues but more apps are written for android that I want to use that windows wont have.

So, I go to the phone store and this sales person sets me up with a Samsung S4. She says that's what I need and then sells me this case and stuff to go with it.

Now I have found that the Samsung 4 is not near as easy or quick to run as the windows. It does have more apps and the ones that they do both have, the android version is much better. But it is slower.

SO, I want to look into a 5 or 6. The online comparisons I can find are some lame threads about color shape & size. I can see that with my eyes, but which operated better?
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

I went from Windows Phone to the S4, and now have S5. It takes some time to adjust.

Same reason, lack of apps. I really did not notice much difference moving from S4 to S5, performance wise. S5 size is smaller, I think. And the camera is better.
    Last edited by YoungBuckTX; 10-14-2015 at 12:13 PM.

I am still with Android, but recently got the S5. I like it, size and functionality are far superior to the Droids I have had in the past. Don't plan to test it, but with the LifeProof case, it is allegedly submersible to 6'.
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

I went from 5 to 6 and it seems much faster and I like the layout more. Its more user friendly and easier for multitasking things.

The active phones are the real deal. I lost mine in the broad river and ordered an insurance replacement. I went fishing again, found it and it had been submerged for 5.5 days. I let it dry out and put it on the charger and it works like it did the day I bought it. It still picked up calls and texts while submerged until the battery died.

I went from Iphone 3-6 and just switched to the S6 Edge plus and I will say this phone dominates the Iphone. The camera, picture quality, speed, streaming etc is far superior than anything the Iphone puts out right now. I thought I would never switch until our IT guy challenged me and until iphone comes out with something cutting edge I will not switch back. I guess when Jobs passed Apple lost all interest in being cutting edge. Now it seems they are complacent.
    “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.”

― Norman Maclean

Apple has been complacent for some time now.

They charge more for an inferior product and have been doing so for years.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

I've got the S4 Active and the S6 Active. Upgraded to the 6 when the screen on the 4 cracked. Still works fine, just made me nervous being around water all the time and the screen being cracked to let water in. The battery life is far superior on the 6 than the 4. Other than that hard to tell a difference. The camera is much better on the 6 also. Operates pretty much the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

The 5 has removable battery and microSD. The 6 does not. That said, I'm gonna keep my 5 as long as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    I've got the S4 Active and the S6 Active. Upgraded to the 6 when the screen on the 4 cracked. Still works fine, just made me nervous being around water all the time and the screen being cracked to let water in. The battery life is far superior on the 6 than the 4. Other than that hard to tell a difference. The camera is much better on the 6 also. Operates pretty much the same.
    What carrier, does verizon carry the S6 active yet.

Do think they ever will.

And as USMCSILVER said, I do like the 4 because it holds a micro sd as well. The Sim card goes in the side of the 6. Cannot take it apart, which is good for the waterproofing. Took underwater pics in the pool with it couple months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

I went to the store tonight. To avoid a restocking fee, 20% I have to use the woman who sold it to me.

The guy there suggested the HTC.

Yall have me considering the 6 real hard but does anyone know anything about an HTC 9N?
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

I think only att has the active model. At one time Verizon website listed theirs as waterproof too, but for some reason it was removed. I have the life proof case and it's saved my phone countless times. Makes the phone bulky though.

LG VS986 check it.
    The only man to ever get all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    The 5 has removable battery and microSD. The 6 does not. That said, I'm gonna keep my 5 as long as I can.
    Yep! I bought a spare battery and charger for around $20. Great to have on long public land hunts