Thread: Tailchaser hits the California coast!

Default Tailchaser hits the California coast!

My oldest friend has managed to come visit me at every place I've been stationed so far. He currently here with me in California and wanted to hit the Pacific for a chance to catch a few of our West Coast fish. We started off chasing king salmon from a friends 2310 Parker just outside of Bodega Bay down the road from the house.

Then this weekend we turned our attention to some bottom fishing off the north Sonoma coast from my Hobie Pro Anglers.

We will have some good eats at the house this week!!

Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

That stringer you got there looks like a good way for an unexpected tangle with a white!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Awesome

You hat spell's "hook" wrong. I think the correct spelling is HUK.

Nice Cod and Silvers!!

The fisheries to the North of you are suffering unprecedented losses from lack of Snowpack and water flow.. High water temps and low 02 Saturations are killing fish in record numbers..

http://www.usatoday.com/story/weathe...west/30949551/
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

So...that bottom critter was a cod? Kinda neat looking. Good photos, neat trip, and cheers to a terrific friend!

Posted with GS5 smartphone equipped with a dumb keyboard.

Good looking fish Ring, but the jackets and sweatshirts ya'll are wearing almost look as good as the fish to me right now.

Top fish are king salmon (chinook), and bottom fish are lingcod. They all eat good but I'd take lingcod and rockfish over salmon any day. The only way that I really like salmon is when it's smoked. Those bottom fish make awesome fish tacos!!!

The weather out here is pretty crazy. You never know what to expect when you walk outside. One day it'll be jeans and sweatshirts and the next day is shorts and flip flops. It's always pretty cool on the coast though. Our mid fifties water temps have a lot to do with that.

I only use the fish clip to keep a hold of the fish while we bleed them out. Once that's done they get transferred to the 54qt cooler on the back of my yak for safe keeping! While the great whites make me more nervous it's actually the sea lions that Id be worried about if I left the fish dangling in the water. They are much more numerous and would turn the boat over in a heart beat if they grabbed onto a stringer. We leave the fish lying on the back deck in the tank well while they bleed to avoid any pesky thieves!
    Last edited by Ring King; 08-03-2015 at 02:22 PM.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

My dear departed Grandpa used Yelloweyes and Lings for Mako baits off the Coast of Catalina Island back in the day.. He loved to catch sharks.

He let us catch the bait while he and Jack Daniels got in the fishing mood..
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.