Thread: Self defense myths

Link saved...
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I have shot with Tom Givens in Memphis.

He is one of the best "real world" trainers in the SE - with at least 30-40 (or more) of his students surviving armed encounters that resulted in shots being fired into bad guys, he is a man to learn from. Highly recommended.
    Last edited by nitro5x6's; 07-16-2015 at 11:41 AM.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

A few of those are dumb. I'm sorry but any hit is better than a miss in a gun fight and if you don't believe me then let me shoot you in the leg and see if you are as accurate as normal.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

There's truth in that. As part of my training, I tell my CWP students to "shoot center mass of what you see... if it's a leg from behind cover, shoot the leg. But follow up as necessary."

I think the point there is to be accurate enough to hit center mass of a vital zone if it's offered to you. But, dang it, if all he's showing me is an elbow, an elbow will get shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    There's truth in that. As part of my training, I tell my CWP students to "shoot center mass of what you see... if it's a leg from behind cover, shoot the leg. But follow up as necessary."

I think the point there is to be accurate enough to hit center mass of a vital zone if it's offered to you. But, dang it, if all he's showing me is an elbow, an elbow will get shot.
    Yes sir. Pretty much nailed it
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Good article Led. Thx

LEO friend had just that scenario- exchanging fire across two car hood distances (close range).. dropped to prone, took a well aimed shot at the perp's foot/ankle area. When perp hit the ground with a well destroyed ankle, he cranked another well placed shot into the dome.. End of fight.

F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    LEO friend had just that scenario- exchanging fire across two car hood distances (close range).. dropped to prone, took a well aimed shot at the perp's foot/ankle area. When perp hit the ground with a well destroyed ankle, he cranked another well placed shot into the dome.. End of fight.
    That works. Shoot what they offer. Sometimes that makes 'em offer more.

Fun stuff you can do around cars in a gunfight if you have a shotgun, too, but that's rarely as handy.

That works. Shoot what they offer. Sometimes that makes 'em offer more.

Fun stuff you can do around cars in a gunfight if you have a shotgun, too, but that's rarely as handy.
    Sig P226 with 9BPLE if I remember right. Damn near took his foot off. The head shot photos were not for the squeamish.. Fella had a surprised look fo sho...
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post

He came home safe and the issue is resolved without the perp's never ending court time, appeals, prison sentence appeals, etc. Tax burden to society is alleviated.

I'd like to buy him a beer or twelve.